I am new to this site

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
photoFREEK

I am new to this site

by photoFREEK » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:10 am

:D I would lie to know how to take piks from my page and put them on (for instance) Images. Thanks

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:36 am

Some folks will tell you SP is NOT a photography site, but it's easy to download and post
your pictures.

Just CLICK on top of the SP page, where it says "Create Page." Some helpful advise would
be to lose the date on your pictures. Interesting captions and descriptions are also helpful.

Love your Cascade volcano pics! Another thing you could do is ATTACH your photos to the
prospective Area, Range, Mountain & Rock pages and various albums here on SP.

You'll also need to learn the html language. Never be afraid to experiment and try different
things. With persistence and patience, your photos can really add something to this Site.

photoFREEK

by photoFREEK » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:48 am

I had created a page because of a photo of Mt. Hood and someone quickly got on me about there being a page for mt Hood already. I thought you created the page so that the image would be able to go to ( areas/ranges or Images). I guess I was wrong. I just want to post to images and get voted on. I do not know how to use HTML at all. This site is not user friendly!

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:53 am

It's very easy to attach pictures. Find the desired page and use the Add Image option.

A little advice, though-- pages like Mount Hood already have more pictures than they will ever need, and there is a huge amount of redundancy. Please consider posting informative pictures and/or views that haven't been seen here dozens of times already.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:47 am

photoFREEK wrote: I do not know how to use HTML at all. This site is not user friendly!

You're right! It's about as "user friendly" as a family of cavemen at a Star Trek convention !!!

Actually, you can't attach your photos to the image page. This is done automatically.

What you have to do is attach your images to "other people's pages." You will still receive

credit for your individual photos, but to create your own pages you have to learn the basics

of HTML.

It took me TWO years to learn what little I know of HTML. Best of luck ...

:shock:

Cheeseburglar

Re: I am new to this site

by Cheeseburglar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:04 am

photoFREEK wrote::D I would lie to know how to take piks from my page and put them on (for instance) Images. Thanks

What I recommend is right clicking the image on a web site, copying the location/url tag, pasting into sp, highlight it and click the Img button.
An example hero shot, hosted by another web page.
In this case, it's Picassa. My understanding is the data is downloaded directly from the referenced site. I may be wrong.

Baarb

by Baarb » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:15 am

Er, but then no one can give the photos high votes if they're useful, thereby nullifying the whole point of the voting system.

Fred Spicker

by Fred Spicker » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:23 pm

New to the site - start here:

http://www.summitpost.org/faq.html

Return to Site Feedback