Idyllwild Art & Wine Walk (& Climb)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Deb

Idyllwild Art & Wine Walk (& Climb)

by Deb » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:42 am

10 Oct 2009, 2-5PM the 12th Annual Art Walk and Wine Tasting will be in full swing. Sure, it's a whopping $25 a person but you get to taste wine from 15 different wineries and visited as many local galleries and artisan shops.
Dave and I will be up there serving wine from Stuart Cellars on Saturday and most likely will have been climbing on Friday. Anyone interested in wine, art and/or climbing should check it out; always a great time to roam the streets of Idyllwild. :D

no avatar
mungeclimber

by mungeclimber » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:23 am

you could climb in the morning and then get yer drink on.

kewl

x15x15

by x15x15 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 pm

coooooool... this is the day escrow closes on my soon to be house... which can be found right below tahquitz, on the road those silly climbers park for there hike to suicide...

maybe i will see you guys there... maybe i will be setting up the security gate for the coming winter season...

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:29 pm

x15x15 wrote:coooooool... this is the day escrow closes on my soon to be house... which can be found right below tahquitz, on the road those silly climbers park for there hike to suicide...

maybe i will see you guys there... maybe i will be setting up the security gate for the coming winter season...

So can we start using your bathroom in the AM? 8)

jonclimbingon

by jonclimbingon » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:31 am

Bummer. I'll be up there and sounds like fun but I'll be taking a WAFA class at Buckhorn Camp.
So please keep the noise and partying down as I don't need any temptation to put down the books and head over. :)

Deb

by Deb » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:06 am

Guyzo wrote:
x15x15 wrote:coooooool... this is the day escrow closes on my soon to be house... which can be found right below tahquitz, on the road those silly climbers park for there hike to suicide...

So can we start using your bathroom in the AM? 8)

Exactly! I can always barely make it to the facilities at Humber Park after staring Tahquitz in the face on the way up the road .... scares the refried beans outta me every time!
I'll bring my own mountain money, Phil!

Dave Daly

by Dave Daly » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Who's Phil?? 8)

Dunno where Deb and I will be set up for wine "slingin" but we'll gladly pour more than a tasting if you mention the following:

"Rockcritter Rules!!" :D

Guyzo....no port to pour you this time. :(

x15x15 -

What the heck is Jack up to these days? Haven't heard squat from him! BTW, the last house on the right (next to Jeff Salz house) was owned by a couple.....er, I mean "partners"
from the Rainbow Coalition. Does it still have the sign "Rainbow Ranch" above the entrance?

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:47 pm

I went into the town at about 5:30 to get a six-pack Saturday nite........

The dull town was alive, for once.

Everybody who was out walking around was pretty lit up. 8)

I think two middle aged hotties tried to pick me up. :?:

A whole van load of drunk college girls parked next to us at the store, : and they wanted to know "Hey Whats up" ......

So Deb and Dave, you guys did a good job getting the party started.

I guess I need to mark it down for next year, It looked like way more fun than wondering around on some mountain all day.

:wink:

Deb

by Deb » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Guyzo wrote:I went into the town at about 5:30 to get a six-pack Saturday nite........

The dull town was alive, for once.

Everybody who was out walking around was pretty lit up. 8)

I think two middle aged hotties tried to pick me up. :?:

A whole van load of drunk college girls parked next to us at the store, : and they wanted to know "Hey Whats up" ......

So Deb and Dave, you guys did a good job getting the party started.

I guess I need to mark it down for next year, It looked like way more fun than wondering around on some mountain all day.

:wink:

We were serving at Two Babes in the Woods and had a great time with lots of happy people. Beautiful day this year as opposed to the rain last year; also had a good but chilly climb on El Grandote Friday afternoon.
Blair and Steve popped up for some wine then we all met in the "woods" and put away some beer with Dave and Blair bouldering in the dark and I think I called alot of people but don't remember what I said. :shock:
Fun weekend in my favorite little town; would have liked to bump into you Guyzo!

Blair

by Blair » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:13 pm

It was nice to see the town 'alive' with so many people having fun. Wine was everywhere and we were at the best spot 8)

Good times!

x15x15

by x15x15 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:09 pm

it was such a nice weekend, except for the crowds. i was going to join the throngs of winos, but by the time it was time i was having too much fine enjoying fine ales on my new patio... walking was not to be done, and driving was out...

Captain Beefheart

by Captain Beefheart » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:40 am

What a blast! Thanks for the heavy hands and the good laughs.

Return to California