Injuries & nutrition

Tips, tricks, workouts, injury advice.
peninsula

Re: Injuries & nutrition

by peninsula » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:28 pm

As for nutrition in general that is associated with endurance athletic activities and good overall health, the paleo diet is the easiest way to ensure a solid nutritional base. Not for everybody, I appreciate, especially if cholesterol is an issue. Above all, no junk food. If your great grandmother never ate it, it is likely junk, or so goes one definition. Leaving out alcohol is a good move, too. Beyond nutrition and a sound exercise program, the biggest issue with injury recovery is allowing for enough time to heal. Best of luck

mstender

by mstender » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:19 pm

peninsula wrote:As for nutrition in general that is associated with endurance athletic activities and good overall health, the paleo diet is the easiest way to ensure a solid nutritional base.

Why is that?

peninsula

by peninsula » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:43 pm

mstender wrote:
peninsula wrote:As for nutrition in general that is associated with endurance athletic activities and good overall health, the paleo diet is the easiest way to ensure a solid nutritional base.

Why is that?

It's an opinion, but put simply, our bodies were developed on a paleo diet in evolutionary terms... it's a bit hardwired if you will. Read up on endurance athletes and coaching and you'll come across the subject under nutrition. It's not to say a vegan can't be just as healthy, but it is not my choice given the difficulties with replacing the nutrients found meats and animal fats.

mstender

by mstender » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:11 pm

peninsula wrote:
mstender wrote:

Why is that?

It's an opinion...

That was not clear from what you said above as it was stated more like a scientific fact:
peninsula wrote:As for nutrition in general...the paleo diet is the easiest way...

And I have a different opinion.

peninsula

by peninsula » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:57 am

mstender wrote:
peninsula wrote:
mstender wrote:

Why is that?

It's an opinion...

That was not clear from what you said above as it was stated more like a scientific fact:
peninsula wrote:As for nutrition in general...the paleo diet is the easiest way...

And I have a different opinion.

There is science behind my opinion as well as education at a professional level. You are entitled to your opinion. A question was asked and I offered my two cents.

no avatar
selena

by selena » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:48 am

Bruno I thing you should consult doctor for your proper diet.. and must join a Jim in order to keep yourself fit.

Previous

Return to Technique and Training