Kanchenjunga (Nepal) 2020 Expedition - Climbers needed

Find climbing partners in Asia.
JohnGill

Kanchenjunga (Nepal) 2020 Expedition - Climbers needed

by JohnGill » Wed May 22, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi all,
I've been organizing a Canadian Kanchenjunga expedition for the past 2 years. I had a good team of 8 climbers, however over the past 6 months half of the team have dropped out for various reasons.

I need to boost our team with international climbers - in other words it's no longer a 'Canadian' expedition.

About the expedition:
In short, we're climbing the South West Face (standard route) in the spring of 2020. The expedition will last the whole of April and May. Kanchenjunga is 8,586m and is the 3rd highest mountain in the world. This is a supported expedition, with a base camp crew and Sherpa support on the mountain. We will be using oxygen.

We plan to make a movie about our lead Sherpa, Namgya, and to also document the expedition.

All information about the expedition can be found here: kanchenjunga.outdoor-explore.com

For more info on the movie, check our sponsorship package: kanchenjunga.outdoor-explore.com/Content/files/Kanchenjunga2020Sponsorship.pdf

Who I'm looking for
You must tick all these boxes:

A strong climber on rock, ice, steep snow, glacial terrain, in poor conditions
Very fit with high endurance
Able to take 2 months off in April/May 2020
Previous high altitude experience. Ideally 7,000m +
Able to seek out sponsorship, or pay your own way (see costs below)
Happy to participate in the movie or help with filming
Be in excellent health and perform well at high altitudes
You can commit to the expedition with a deposit / buy-in
Please only message me if you are confident that you can climb at 8,000m and you are fully aware of the risks involved.

The Cost
Costs are approximate, and vary depending on the number of climbers. The hope is that sponsorship and grants will reduce the cost.
4 climbers: $13,000 USD
5 climbers: $12,200 USD
6 climbers: $11,400 USD
7 climbers: $10,600 USD
8 climbers: $9,800 USD
9+ climbers: $7,000 USD

If you are interested, please send an email to johngill2527@gmail.com and tell me about you and your climbing experience. Thanks.

Return to Asia