Karakoram Photos Wanted!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
mtwhitney

Here are a few

by mtwhitney » Fri May 18, 2007 9:50 pm

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/sierra_hiker/albums Two sets with some of the pictures on the way....Hope you enjoy.. :D

Afzal

by Afzal » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:38 pm

I have posted many Karakoram photos to the image gallery of Karakoram and most of the photos have gained a remarkable votes, thats means, SP members are liking my Karakoram images. I am really very surprise to know that you have de-tached my images from karakoram gallery, and you have also de-tached my images from Laila Peak, Karakoram, baltistan, which was photo of the day. You have justified that there are so many photos of karakoram, but what about Laila Peak, Karakoram, Baltistan image, why it was de-tached from Laila Peak, image gallery, could you please justify?

BigLee

by BigLee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:50 pm

I had 150 photos attached to the Karakoram page. Many were of the same peaks so I detached some so as to give equal coverage to the range rather than of the usual handful of peaks that everybody has heard of anyway. There's still about four K2 photos for example but there were about twenty before which isn't really necesary considering there is already a K2 page where people can add photos.

I only detached photos which were already attached to their respective mountain/rock pages...

...I didn't detach any photos solely attached to mountain/rock pages as stated above. i.e. there are no photos detached from the Laila peak page.

Ultimately I maintain the Karakoram page, I've built it pretty much from scratch from personal knowledge of climbing in the range so I'll do as I see best thankyou very much! I think most would agree the page looks pretty good now having adopted it when it was one short paragraph long!...

The Karakoram

Afzal

by Afzal » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Thanks again for detaching my Gasherbrum photo dated 03, May, 2007 from Karakoram Album.

BigLee

by BigLee » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:45 pm

Well I've reattached that photo since it's offended you so much! I'm not sure what the big deal is since your photo is already on the Gasherbrum IV page. The aforementioned Laila peak photo is also still on the Laila Peak and K2 pages!

Afzal

by Afzal » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:18 pm

I am not insisting you to reattach my images to Karakoram Gallery. Its up to you that if you don’t like my images on Karakoram Album due to your own reasons, you may detach my images from Karakoram Album, but not from relevant mountain pages.

Previous

Return to Asia