La Sportiva Nepal Evo GTX size

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
William Jenkinson

La Sportiva Nepal Evo GTX size

by William Jenkinson » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Hello folks, I just received a pair of La Sportiva Nepal Evo GTX in the post. I normally wear a size 8/42. However the big toe seems to tight. Will the fit improve if I wear them in or should I return them and get a size42 and a half?

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Wm.

MScholes

by MScholes » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:41 pm

If they're tight and don't fit well, then I would definetly return them. Try a 42.5 and if it doesn't work, try another boot that might fit your foot better. Fit is key! It's a great boot but don't force yourself to use it if it doesn't fit properly, you'll only hurt yourself. There's other equally great boots from a number of manufacterers.

William Jenkinson

by William Jenkinson » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks for your time an patience. I'll try a size 42.5

Kai

by Kai » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:59 am

Definitely return them and try the larger size.

You might also try another boot to compare the fit.

Some folks just don't fit that well into a Sportiva last.

Scarpa's Mont Blanc Gtx is a similar boot to the Sportiva Nepal Evo Gtx. See if the Scarpa boot is more comfortable.

William Jenkinson

by William Jenkinson » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Kai wrote:Definitely return them and try the larger size.

You might also try another boot to compare the fit.

Some folks just don't fit that well into a Sportiva last.

Scarpa's Mont Blanc Gtx is a similar boot to the Sportiva Nepal Evo Gtx. See if the Scarpa boot is more comfortable.

I was looking at the Scarpa's Mount Blanc boot. First I'll try a half size up. If that does not work then I'll try the mount blanc.

Thanks again for your time

MScholes

by MScholes » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:33 am

The Scarpa and the Nepal are both beastly boots and both do what they indend to do very well, however, both companies have a tendancy to make boots for narrower feet but my one experience while playing around with Scarpa was slightly larger toe room...

If neither option works (sizing up or different boot) you might want to look at other companies. Asolo, Millet, Kayland all make some fantastic boots if they fit your foot well.

William Jenkinson

by William Jenkinson » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Sent a pair of boots back. This is te second time in two weeks.

Just hope the next pair fit. Starting to feel like cinderella.

Autoxfil

by Autoxfil » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:40 pm

This is life for a climber. Finding good footwear is the hardest part of the gear game, bar none.

William Jenkinson

by William Jenkinson » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Okay, I received the new pair size 42.5. There is toe room but the top of my big toe is still uncomfortably pressing against the top of the boot.

The way I'm appraoching this is that I should not be aware of the fit. Should I try a size 43????

Failing that I'll try the Mount Blanc boot...

I worried that moving up another size might just give too much room... Then again I can fit and wear in-soles/socks to make a better fit. I'm wondering if a local shoe store would help me in my endevours.

ARosenthal

by ARosenthal » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 pm

If you keep moving up in size with the same model you're likely to experience things like heel lift that you really don't want. It sounds like this model just doesn't fit your foot.

I've found that Sportivas (climbing and mountaineering) fit my feet well, but I know a few people who just can't wear any of their shoes/boots because of the shape of their foot (I guess?). I think you should try a different model or brand.

Return to Gear