Looking for climbing partner between 05/12 and 05/14

Find climbing partners in Colorado
ashish

Looking for climbing partner between 05/12 and 05/14

by ashish » Mon May 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Looking for climbing partner between 05/12 and 05/14. Preferably in the Front Range/RMNP area, but willing to travel to other places.

Climbing objectives: I would like to accomplish 2 climbing objectives during my visit:
Climb 1: multi-pitch sport/trad (up to 5.7) OR easy snow couloir. (Black Gold in Clear Creek Canyon, South Platte area, flat irons, etc)
Climb 2: Snow climb with some easy to moderate technical rock/mixed sections (East Ridge Direct on Bancroft, Flattop Mountain north face couloirs in RMNP). I am very much interested in East Ridge Direct. Ifeel confident rapelling into the notch and leading out of it.

My experience:
- I am a little slow, but steady - prepared to start as early as needed to compensate.
- climbed dragons tail couloir and mt. hood solo.
- climbed lambs slide, and a couple mixed alpine routes in RMNP with a partner.
- Followed on a couple multi-pitch alpine rock climbs.
- Climbed a few multi-pitch trad routes up to 5.7 in Eldorado canyon, flat irons, and Lump Ridge. I can lead multi-pitch trad confidently up to 5.6 and some 5.7s as long as they are not awkward cracks.
- comfortable setting up trad anchors and belaying off the anchor, changing belays, and basic rescue techniques.

Return to US - Colorado