Looking for mentor: Lone Pine Peak this summer

Find climbing partners in California
no avatar
ccunningham1

Looking for mentor: Lone Pine Peak this summer

by ccunningham1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:30 pm

Hey all, I am a southeast experienced sport climber in TN (5.12 indoors, 5.11 outdoors). I am a complete novice when it comes to multipitch and trad. The only trad I have done is following single pitch at T-wall in Chattanooga. I am climbing the Tetons this summer (with a guide) and will be getting the basic alpine/multipitch experience there...I am getting the summit fever for some more exposure and longer climbs. I applied for a Mt. Whitney (to hike) permit which I doubt I'll get, and I came across Lone Pine Peak! It looks super rad! So:

I am looking for an experienced climber that would be willing to climb this sometime this summer probably via the north ridge route since it seams more like an exposed scramble and safer rather than intense climb for an alpine newbie. I figured there are plenty of people that would be fired up to be in the mountains and climb this route. I have basically any time I need off until mid August and would love to climb with some people that know this route well!! I may be new to alpine, but I can climb well so I can be a good team member.

Return to US - California