Mount Silex Page

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
Dan Shorb

Mount Silex Page

by Dan Shorb » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:37 am

how is it that one can access the Mount Silex page from Mountain Project, but not here? Is there no owner of the page any longer, so its 'offline?'

http://www.summitpost.org/mount-silex/154517
我不知道杰克

iceisnice

Re: Mount Silex Page

by iceisnice » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Not sure what is up with it. I know the guy who first created that page but I don't think he is around anymore. He was a younger guy and it didn't appear he was hanging around here long so I bet he's moved. You should take it over if you want. I did a route on it a LONG time ago that was pretty good....

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:51 pm

The previous owner deleted that page before having his account deleted, but I had the URL and was able to get it restored with Matt's help. There are some others like it floating around, and I may have a list somewhere back in my archived email. I wasn't aware that having no owner would make it not appear in search queries, but I have now transferred it to Orphanage, and it appears if you search for it.

Anyone interested in adopting it can send PM to me or to the elves.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

no avatar
Dan Shorb

by Dan Shorb » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:41 pm

iceisnice wrote:Not sure what is up with it. I know the guy who first created that page but I don't think he is around anymore. He was a younger guy and it didn't appear he was hanging around here long so I bet he's moved. You should take it over if you want. I did a route on it a LONG time ago that was pretty good....

Ray, You've got to be one of the most active Weminuche climbers around.

Silex lures one in fairly easily, but sounds like you've got to be ok with adventure.
我不知道杰克

iceisnice

by iceisnice » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Just love these mtns.....oh, and have a lot of free time on my hands, ha!. All approaches to Silex are long but upper Trinity creek basin is gorgeous and there are amazing camping spots below the NF of Storm King. The rock on Silex is really good. John Kelly (old Durango resident) did a great 5.10 route up the peak but I haven't been able to figure out where exacdly did it. He mentions aretes and dihedrals, etc.....but there are tons of them on that side of the mtn! Needless to say, there is a lot of potential there still. My route was 5.8ish most of the way and follow a gully/dihedral system on the NW side of the peak...

The following user would like to thank iceisnice for this post
Dan Shorb

Return to Colorado