Mt. Elbrus, August 2017

Find climbing partners in Europe.
hat_mike

Mt. Elbrus, August 2017

by hat_mike » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm looking for one or two additional partners to climb Mt. Elbrus via the North Route (unguided) this August. The dates are still somewhat flexible, so any interest is worth discussing.

I am looking for people with some glacier travel and crevasse rescue experience/knowledge, as the route is relatively straight-forward but still glaciated. Experience over 5000m would be useful, but not required. We plan on having a slightly conservative acclimatization schedule, based on my two previous (successful) experiences over 5000m.

The big difficulty here is visa paperwork, which is actually not as difficult as I was led to believe, although it does require a fixed set of travel dates. Once an additional partner or two are identified, we'll nail down the dates quickly and get the paperwork filed.

Please reach out soon!

Thanks,
Mike

Tijs

Re: Mt. Elbrus, August 2017

by Tijs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi Mike!

I will be there, from 08/21 to 08/31, for a North to South traverse. However, we —me and two Italians, molto simpatico, that I met on Ojos del Salado this March— will not go unguided, but rather, for better or for worse, with Elbrus Tours. They have already sent us the letters of invitation needed for the visa.

Cheers,
Tijs

Return to Europe