Mt. Thompson rap anchors?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Steve Larson

Mt. Thompson rap anchors?

by Steve Larson » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:03 am

I've heard rumors of a rap route somewhere, but not sure if this is true, or where it might be. Anybody know anything about this?

Info on current conditions is also welcome...

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:28 am

There were some on the Harrington Couloir two years ago....

asmrz

by asmrz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:16 pm

Steve, I didn't see it myself, but was told a couple years ago, that someone installed rap anchors down the Knudsen Couloir to ease the descent from Mt. Thompson. Again, someone said that someone said....but worth looking into.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:33 pm

asmrz wrote:Steve, I didn't see it myself, but was told a couple years ago, that someone installed rap anchors down the Knudsen Couloir to ease the descent from Mt. Thompson. Again, someone said that someone said....but worth looking into.

Seems that I did see some there. But, I would much rather rap the Harrington than the Knudsen... Rock fall!

WML

by WML » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:08 pm

anybody know the current conditions on the Thompson and Gilbert Couloirs? Any word on the streets relative to Mendel?

forjan

Re: Mt. Thompson rap anchors?

by forjan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Steve Larson wrote:I've heard rumors of a rap route somewhere, but not sure if this is true, or where it might be. Anybody know anything about this?

Info on current conditions is also welcome...

Steve,
I climbed the Moynier couloir last year and rapped down the Harrington couloir in five 60m raps (brought double ropes). The rap stations are on both sides of the couloir. Bring webbing and/or cord to reinforce them. Going with Bill?

Return to California