Mt. Timpanogos via Timpooneke Trail: Start Time?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.
lcarreau

by lcarreau » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:59 am

Whoooops! I think Sarah's thread just went to the DOGS ...

TyeDyeTwins

by TyeDyeTwins » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:14 am

Mount Timpanogos is definately worth your time for sure. I went up there friday for some summer skiing and the combo of wildflowers and waterfalls along the Aspen Grove Trail made me realize why so many people love Timp. After some skiing the Billy Goats showed up and put on quite a show at the Emerald Lake Shelter. If you are going to visit a mountain in Utah "this is the place" (-Famous Utah Quote-) for sure Sarah. Happy Trails out there.

JDrake

by JDrake » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Despite the traffic, Timp really is a must do hike. However, if a plan B mountain is needed I'm partial to Box Elder. It sees far fewer people but provides fantastic views of the Wasatch. I prefer the approach from Dry Canyon, but the route from American Fork Canyon is shorter. With a decently fit group and good forecast, this is a Wasatch 11k pk you could start late if your group refuses to get out of bed. I must now go and beg forgivness from Mother Timpanogos for even suggesting another peak. Have fun.

Previous

Return to Utah