Mt.Williamson Now Open Year Round!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
granjero

Re: Mt.Williamson Now Open Year Round!

by granjero » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:27 am

A+++ effort chief!!! This is great news and will put smiles on many faces. Thanks to all involved in bringing better access to a glorious place!!!!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:20 am

The original order was due for "Re-institution" on the 1st of December 2010.

It was not re-instituted Pete!

I saw the draft of the Rescinding Order Notice this afternoon down at the White Mountain Ranger Station in Bishop this afternoon.

Thus, IT IS A DONE DEAL!

Why do you constantly come on SP, act like a complete moron and post complete bullshit on every thread to you visit... WHY!

Go away and fuck up some elses thread would you...please!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 am

1000Pks wrote:Checking the Inyo NF website, just now, I see nothing of the sort.

AS usual, you are the one that needs glasses.

Go to the link I ref'd on my OP, http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOC ... 143453.pdf then scroll down to the middle of page where it says GEORGE CREEK - Mt. Williamson. Look across and you will see the Quota's and Commercial Restriction. No further comment section in the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SECTION on the next page that states any closures of any sorts as it has had since 1981. It even has a designated TRAIL CODE. Something that it never has had.

Get it now PETE!
Last edited by The Chief on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:37 am

Lighten up my ass... go away PETE!

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:04 am

The Chief wrote:
1000Pks wrote:Proficient at confusing the issue, I see.

The standard WF route up Willie was subject to closure, by my maps. I used to work closely with DFG, and they liked to leave it open to further planting, in the 1970's. Herds move by themselves, unless it is a trapping op. That impact is coming, this is obvious. Real enviro clubs don't like this by them, or at least in the past.

Better get real, or else the USFS may not bother with any letters! I don't waste my time either on confused minds.

WTF are you talking about 1000PKS???

Your "Maps" don't mean a thing.

The original Forest Order Map, USForestService - 1981 - Order 04-81-3 California Bighorn Sheep Exhibit A, is what dictated since day one. The Williamson Area map on Exhibit A, clearly indicates that Shepards Pass was NEVER in the Human Closure Area. Just the DAC Area. I made the District Sup aware of this Map two years ago when this all started and she in turn informed all her WP Reps of this. They were all misinformed and all thought that the Domesticated Animal Closure Area included Humans for well over 25 years.

Appears that you have misinterpreted the "Map" as well.

Are you aware that there were two closures.... Domesticated Animal and Human?

This excactly what I was talking about Pete. It's how you approach these things that you dig you own hole. I don't know either you or Chief but based on what I have read, I'm betting on The Cheif here. Try a different tactic Pete.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Vitaliy M wrote:Can't agree with Neopheat, I think Chief and him are both in local enviro club.
GO PETE!

Ah... the wiseass young lad strikes a hit! You are the first in my sights, than of course Pete.

But fortunately for the two of you, neither of you ever wander in the high secluded terrain where I play. Nor will I find either of you up in George Creek cutting trail. Unless of course the two of you want to stop talking shit and join me this Spring with a shovel, snips or one of these....

That goes for all you SHIT TALKERS out there... come join me next Spring. Let's all make a difference!!!!!

drpw

by drpw » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Good job Chief! I will not, however, be helping you build trail, I'm American.

Rick Kent

by Rick Kent » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Finally. Common sense prevails. Thanks for all your effort and persistence on this issue Chief!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:02 pm

A standardized single trail will benefit all as it will reduce the amount of various satelite rogue trails that will begin to appear. I was up George Creek four weeks ago with a Dep from the Inyo County Sheriff's Office reconing for any MJ farms. He agreed that if the closure is rescinded, a standard trail will be the deal. He reported this back to his boss who in turn emailed me and agreed.

VM: You my young friend need to spend a week with me. Then let's see what kind of diarrhea spews from your pie hole.

BTW: Name one BC FA project of mine that your shit talking ass has been on? One! You can't lead anything over 5.10 let alone follow it. Thus, your above comment, as most that comes from your posts, is a completely moot waste of time.

The "Doors of Perception" is not my project. Yet it is completed thus it is obvious that you have not been on it. Get with the program Kid.

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Vitaliy M wrote:
1000Pks wrote:Also, come out to NE couloir of Langley...maybe we should make it a SP meet?

dayhike?

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm in if the Chief is in. It would be great to climb with a local Eastside legend.

rhyang

by rhyang » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Thanks for your effort Rick ! Maybe it's time to put The Long Twisting Rib back on my list :)
Taaaake !

kevin trieu

by kevin trieu » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Fletch wrote:Gooo Pete! Gooo Pete! Gooo Pete!

Alrightie-boys, step right up, step right up!

What's the over/under that Pete no-shows?

Personally, I got 5 hot dogs that says he will be there, but that he will be 20 minutes late.

Anybody else?

I will carry half of Pete's gear if he comes on the Langley trip. You can quote me.

A-Lex

by A-Lex » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Real climbers would eagerly accept and we'd already have arranged everything by video chat.

Video chat is good for only one thing. And its not making climbing dates.

The following user would like to thank A-Lex for this post
Daria, Day Hiker, mrchad9

bobpickering

by bobpickering » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:45 am

I don't understand why you guys waste your time bantering with 1000Excuses. I don't think he has climbed anything harder than the Mt. Rose trail by himself in 20 years. He's not going to climb the couloir on Langley with you, he's not going to do Williamson next summer, and he will find 1000 excuses not to go anywhere else you suggest.

He thinks we are all either too inexperienced for him, not safety conscious enough for him, trying to defraud him, or racist. The guy who got me started climbing knew Pete from 20-30 years ago, and he says he's always been this way. There is a reason that 1000Excuses can never find a partner.

The following user would like to thank bobpickering for this post
Edgewood

PreviousNext

Return to California