Need help finding some climbing gear! I'm just starting out!

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
katana

Need help finding some climbing gear! I'm just starting out!

by katana » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey! So my father and I have decided to start mountaineering. We're going to begin training in Nepal starting in May then hopefully we will summit 2 mountains there (Mara Peek and Baruntse). The only problem is that we have absolutely NO equipment. Our guide/training company has forwarded me a list of equipment I must buy, but I have no idea where to buy most things. I also don't really know the specifics of what to buy. Here is the list: http://www.peakclimbingnepal.com/?actio ... 3&catId=15
Where should I start?
Thanks!

no avatar
DanTheMan

Re: Need help finding some climbing gear! I'm just starting

by DanTheMan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Fixed lines and ice screws are usually not the client's responsibility, sounds kind of fishy. As for purchasing, all of those items can be found at just about any 3 letter outdoors store: REI, EMS, MEC, OMC. There are also a lot of internet stores such as backcountry.com and Moosejaw.com and dozens more which all sell those items. A lot of items can also be rented. Whittaker Mountaineering has a good online rental system. Nepal probably has a lot of rental shops too.

Pallando

Re: Need help finding some climbing gear! I'm just starting

by Pallando » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 am

spadout.com is a great site for finding deals on just about anything you need.

Return to Gear