It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:38 pm

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

Re: Voting idea

squishy wrote:While on a long approach my partner and I were talking about the silly voting system on SP and I had to explain how it worked. I had a good idea...check this out...

Everyone knows how we vote (except for the select few rebels) and normally people will vote 10 or not at all, the ratings seem to work out and good content flows to the top effectively. To avoid long explanations and the few ...
Read more : Re: Voting idea | Views : 8647 | Replies : 34 | Forum : Site Feedback

A Photo Rating Question

Since there have been some kind folks rating the stuff that I've been putting into Summitpost, I thought that I would get off my lazy butt and give some back..

I have to admit, after spending almost 20 hours or so on a single trip report (mainly due to moronic computer coding skills on situating photo tables), I've gained much respect for those of you who take the time to give back to summitpost.

Hope ...
Read more : A Photo Rating Question | Views : 8298 | Replies : 34 | Forum : Site Feedback

Looking for past POW photos

I'm trying ot help get the POW album caught up to date. Any tips on how to find out what the previous weekly POW photos were would be greatly appreciated.

The Wayback Machine on "www.archive.org/" does not have records for SP for the past couple of years. Is there another archiving website where I might be able to find previous copies of SP for the past 6 months?
Read more : Looking for past POW photos | Views : 2918 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Page Help

RE: Hut/Route relation

If the hut is at the midpoint of a route, you might put the hut as a child of the route.

More likely, there are multiple routes possible starting from one hut. I'd just make the hut Related to all the adjacent routes. Both ...
Read more : RE: Hut/Route relation | Views : 6465 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

a Flickr branch ?

if you want to post on Flickr your large format images you must pay a fee, here you can do it for free :
this guy has understood it, the only problem is decrypting the captions :?
Read more : a Flickr branch ? | Views : 11441 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Summitpost Bulk Uploader bug/feature request thread

Hi all,
Yesterday I released the Summitpost Bulk Uploader, a tool that I created over the last few weeks. It allows you to bulk upload photos to Summitpost. It's intended for Trip Report, Mountain, Route and Area page creators who have to upload several pictures.

Here is a screen shot, clicking on it takes you to a larger version:

I've tested it on Windows XP and Vista. I'd like to make a Mac ...
Read more : Summitpost Bulk Uploader bug/feature request thread | Views : 46828 | Replies : 75 | Forum : Site Feedback

more spam

energygirl is spamming me (via email) with her magic wand: http://www.hydrationwands.com

was gonna just ignore it but the voodoo ...err I mean, the science on the website is just too deep for me to pass on it

The Quantum Age Water StirwandTM restores this natural balance to any drinkable water. When water is stirred for 20 seconds with the StirwandTM technology, the energy of the enclosed high matrix minerals ...
Read more : more spam | Views : 11811 | Replies : 60 | Forum : Site Feedback

Replacing images?

Is there an easy way to replace images, one with another?

(Rather than deleting the first image and creating a new image)?

This would make updating existing topo drawings of climbs much easier...

Brutus
Read more : Replacing images? | Views : 3997 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Page Help

Duplicate page

This person says in comments he wants an "independent" page for Mount Langley. He thinks he can put up his own page to compete with the existing page, and has shrugged off comments that he cannot do that. The page is duplicate and should be deleted.

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/459384/mount-langley-via-new-army-pass.html
Read more : Duplicate page | Views : 65498 | Replies : 99 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Personal attacks

I thought we got rid of personal attacks and those who make them.

See http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewto ... 8da31e62e1

When will this shit end. It detracts from the site.
Read more : Personal attacks | Views : 69761 | Replies : 60 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557944 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136394