It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 am

News News of US - Eastern (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Site map of US - Eastern (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast) » Forum : US - Eastern (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

Find climbing partners in the Eastern US

Looking for Partner(s) from SE to climb Rainier

Ideally, I'd like to find at least 2 guys interested in going to Rainier with somewhat flexible schedules which could be adjusted for weather. It would be ideal if those interested lived closed enough to Western NC where I'm located that we could get together for some climbing before the trip to make sure our styles meshed. I say guys only b/c I'm married, and while my wife puts up with a lot with my ...
Read more : Looking for Partner(s) from SE to climb Rainier | Views : 6993 | Replies : 0

Looking to Hike the ADK 46er's in Winter 2014-2015

I am interested in hiking the 46er's in Adirondacks, NY during the winter. Anyone interested? Give me a shout at javarogue@gmail.com.
Read more : Looking to Hike the ADK 46er's in Winter 2014-2015 | Views : 7014 | Replies : 0

mt washington Oct technical climb -looking for exp partner

Looking to Climb Mt Washington in Oct ....route to be determined based on discussion between partner and I. Please drop me a line if your exp. level includes technical training in mountaineering and you would like to join me on a 2-3 day climb.

Trying to make plans by beginning of Sept.

best regards , garbear 8/12/14
Read more : mt washington Oct technical climb -looking for exp partner | Views : 7013 | Replies : 0

Seneca and New River

I will be travelling through WV next week and would like to hook up with partners to climb at Seneca Rocks and the New RIver Gorge. I am looking for someone to show me the classic moderate routes. Days flexible as I'll be on vacation. I have gear.
Read more : Seneca and New River | Views : 7661 | Replies : 0

Mt. Washington permit?

I'm planning on hiking Mt. Washington this summer.
Is there any requirements in hiking on Mt. Washington, such as permits etc.?
Also what is the best trail to do a day hike to summit and back ? I see the Lions head is 4.2M to summit.
Is there a shorter trail to the top, that is not difficult?
Read more : Mt. Washington permit? | Views : 10195 | Replies : 2

Looking for Climbing Partner in Northeast GA

I am back in school at UGA and also in the Army Reserve, so I am pretty busy. I am looking for someone who can climb a little better than myself, and who is looking to bag some harder climbs.

I have seconded Looking Glass (The Nose), and have led the first pitch (slowly!). I've done some easier trad leads (once at T-Wall, messed around at the Flatirons) and feel confident enough on Sport leads ...
Read more : Looking for Climbing Partner in Northeast GA | Views : 9147 | Replies : 0

Looking for ongoing hiking/climbing partner - Adirondacks

I am looking for a regular hiking and climbing partner, preferably one more experienced that can help me learn and improve my mountaineering skills. I am a soldier stationed at Ft. Drum, NY, I am 26 years old, and I've been hiking recreationally for a few years, but have just recently decided to get into more serious mountaineering and climbing. I've taken an intro to climbing course and some personal ice-climbing instruction from a guide ...
Read more : Looking for ongoing hiking/climbing partner - Adirondacks | Views : 11397 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557933 • Total topics 55834 • Total members 136367