"No posts exist for this topic"

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
User Avatar
visentin

 
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm
Thanked: 88 times in 58 posts

"No posts exist for this topic"

by visentin » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:01 pm

When I click on "View your posts" in Forums, then on the last page of a thread, get the message "No posts exist for this topic". Only when I click the page before (N-1 or sometimes N-2) I get the last messages.

User Avatar
Alpinist

 
Posts: 6449
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:21 pm
Thanked: 846 times in 565 posts

by Alpinist » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Don't pay any attention to that. That's just the Elves playing tricks on us... :wink:

User Avatar
Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 9386
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:28 pm
Thanked: 1035 times in 744 posts

Re: "No posts exist for this topic"

by Gangolf Haub » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:19 pm

visentin wrote:When I click on "View your posts" in Forums, then on the last page of a thread, get the message "No posts exist for this topic". Only when I click the page before (N-1 or sometimes N-2) I get the last messages.


Some time back users were deleted who had posts on the thread. The number of posts didn't get adjusted. That's why "Deleted User" was introduced.

User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8412
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Thanked: 2668 times in 1479 posts

by Bob Sihler » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:20 pm

This sometimes happens when a user has had his profile deleted. If he had a lot of posts on the thread, several empty pages result. A good recent example is the 11000 thread, where I had to go in and provide a little fix so that the thread could still go on.

What thread(s) are you talking about?

Edit: I see Gangolf was responding at the same time. :D

User Avatar
hansw

 
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:52 pm
Thanked: 22 times in 16 posts

by hansw » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:40 pm

I guess Mihai leaving had some impact on the 11000 thread. Anyone know why he left?

User Avatar
Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 9386
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 4:28 pm
Thanked: 1035 times in 744 posts

by Gangolf Haub » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:45 pm

hansw wrote:I guess Mihai leaving had some impact on the 11000 thread. Anyone know why he left?


No, he simply asked politely to have his account removed

User Avatar
Day Hiker

 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:57 am
Thanked: 61 times in 43 posts

by Day Hiker » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:39 pm

Oh, PLEASE tell me it was for the user_page.php trick posted the other day. You know, the one that he failed to recognize or understand, even though he had seen it a dozen times before, over several years on this site.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

User Avatar
Arthur Digbee

 
Posts: 2280
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Thanked: 255 times in 173 posts

by Arthur Digbee » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:21 pm

So that was the disturbance in the Force that I felt.

I hope someone has gone back to fill in all the numbers that are missing now.

User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4215
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Thanked: 1881 times in 1399 posts

by lcarreau » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:03 am

Arthur Digbee wrote:So that was the disturbance in the Force that I felt.

I hope someone has gone back to fill in all the numbers that are missing now.


Everything is under control :

Image

User Avatar
visentin

 
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm
Thanked: 88 times in 58 posts

by visentin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:51 am

hansw wrote:I guess Mihai leaving had some impact on the 11000 thread. Anyone know why he left?


http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewto ... highlight=

User Avatar
visentin

 
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm
Thanked: 88 times in 58 posts

by visentin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:53 am

Bob Sihler wrote:This sometimes happens when a user has had his profile deleted. If he had a lot of posts on the thread, several empty pages result. A good recent example is the 11000 thread, where I had to go in and provide a little fix so that the thread could still go on.

What thread(s) are you talking about?

Edit: I see Gangolf was responding at the same time. :D


Hello Bob,
No, this is another thing. We also get it after posting a message in a thread with several pages.
Looks like the bug is that more page numbers appear than there is in the reality. After posting we are sent to the last page, which doesn't exist.
For example in "Central Europe Team" 117 pages appear, but there are 115 in the reality.

User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8412
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Thanked: 2668 times in 1479 posts

by Bob Sihler » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:10 pm

visentin wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:This sometimes happens when a user has had his profile deleted. If he had a lot of posts on the thread, several empty pages result. A good recent example is the 11000 thread, where I had to go in and provide a little fix so that the thread could still go on.

What thread(s) are you talking about?

Edit: I see Gangolf was responding at the same time. :D


Hello Bob,
No, this is another thing. We also get it after posting a message in a thread with several pages.
Looks like the bug is that more page numbers appear than there is in the reality. After posting we are sent to the last page, which doesn't exist.
For example in "Central Europe Team" 117 pages appear, but there are 115 in the reality.


No, it's as Gangolf and I explained; people leave, and there can be "holes." A number of threads have this happening. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix it. On some threads, you can click back to a page with things on it. In the case of the 11000 thread, it was a problem, because there were 10 empty pages and you can only go back three from the end. Unfortunately, there is no "Go to page #" feature here. That's why I put a little "fix" in on that thread.

User Avatar
visentin

 
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm
Thanked: 88 times in 58 posts

by visentin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:57 pm

OK, I understand why this happens on threads where Borut, Mihai, and former Lolli did a lot of interventions :D

User Avatar
Day Hiker

 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:57 am
Thanked: 61 times in 43 posts

by Day Hiker » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:people leave, and there can be "holes."


Why is it that when some people leave, the posts remain and their name changes to "Deleted User," but in this case their posts are actually deleted?

Next

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests