Partner for Swiss Matterhorn - Summer 2018

Find climbing partners in Europe.
PellucidWombat

Partner for Swiss Matterhorn - Summer 2018

by PellucidWombat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:35 am

I am going to be in Switzerland on a family trip in the summer of 2018, anywhere between mid-July to sometime in August. I am really hoping to be able to climb a little by coming early or staying late. I have always wanted to climb the Matterhorn and Mont Blanc.

Is anyone interested in meeting up there for such a climb? 

For the Matterhorn, I am particularly interested in ascending the less crowded Liongrat/SW Ridge (AD+ III+ (5.3+)) from Italy, and then descending the standard Hornligrat Ridge (AD- III- (5.3)) into Switzerland. You can link the start/finish of these two routes via trams and a short bit of easy glacier hiking. Although I am open to other suggestions.

I currently live in Salt Lake City, so if you want to climb together first, I can be open to meeting up for a climb in a variety of places in the Western U.S. between now and then.

WillP

Re: Partner for Swiss Matterhorn - Summer 2018

by WillP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:42 am

Hey Mark,

I used to read your TRs on Supertopo all the time and always enjoyed them. But regarding Europe - I just booked my flights this morning, I'll be based in Chamonix from 2nd June to 30th June and would be super keen to hook up with you for the Matterhorn or Mont Blanc, or both, if the timing works. Let me know if this might work for you re dates.

Cheers, Will

Return to Europe