People needing deletion...

Report bad submissions here in order to get them detached by the community. Also, post challenges to existing pages.
Josh Lewis

Re: People needing deletion...

by Josh Lewis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:47 am

In the future I can ignore such postings. :wink: In Western civilization it would indeed be deemed inappropriate. However if the SP community is fine with it, I'll let it be.

Joseph Bullough

by Joseph Bullough » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Last edited by Joseph Bullough on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:11 pm

Scott wrote:
Yeah, but underneath the "cultural dress" he has the caption: "Getting Ready for Climate Change" ... how does ONE do that, and how does (did) the caption RELATE to the picture :?: ??

New Guinea recently had some populated islands evacuated due to rising sea levels. Whether or not warming is human causes, natural caused, or a combination is probably best left in the off-route.

As long as he's not spamming the boards with ads, personally I don't have a problem with the photo and didn't find it offensive whether or not I agreed with the caption. If it was on a mountain page or something, I might feel differently.

Browsing the newly posted pictures, I saw this one too, and while I can't say I understood what the caption had to do with the image, I saw no harm in this image. Maybe I overlooked something, but couldn't similar stuff be in a typical NatGeo documentary? Perfectly suitable for SummitPost, even on a mountain or area page of PNG.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:21 pm

Maybe I overlooked something, but couldn't similar stuff be in a typical NatGeo documentary?

Yes and there are already many pictures on SP of men and women in swimsuits, or men without shirts. They guy in the photo was more covered than them (it was actually a rather modest koteka), and thus more modest than any swimsuit photos (and then even more so since it's every day dress). Personally, I didn't think it crossed the line, even though I also believe that there should be a line drawn as to what is and isn't appropriate.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Josh Lewis wrote:In the future I can ignore such postings. :wink: In Western civilization it would indeed be deemed inappropriate. However if the SP community is fine with it, I'll let it be.

So Josh did you send the member a PM and explain why you deleted it? Or just delete it without saying anything.

Seems like the former is better.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Here's what I sent him:

I was the one who deleted your profile picture. In Western civilization it would often be deemed inappropriate. However there was a discussion about it which it seems like the majority of folks were okay with it.

So if you would like to re-post it, feel free. I apologize for inconveniencing you.

The reason I deleted it was because if I recall right it had an exposed penis. The fact that someone felt very uncomfortable with it made me feel obligated to do something about it. But again, in the future I can try to ignore such postings if the rest of SP is okay with it.

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
mrchad9

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 pm

The reason I deleted it was because if I recall right it had an exposed penis

No. If it did I would have deleted it too.

The photo actually had a modest koteka similar in size to the ones in the photo below, but the profile one also had a partial shirt on.

Some koteka can indeed be revealing, but the one in the profile photo wasn't and was similar to the above, but a front view.

Anyway, no harm done and no need to dwell too much on it.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:38 pm

I knew sooner or later the People needing deletion thread would turn to talk about penises.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:20 pm

It looked a little different from that one. But perhaps I over reacted and didn't even want to look closely at the fine details. :wink:

The following user would like to thank Josh Lewis for this post
lcarreau

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:55 pm

Joseph Bullough

by Joseph Bullough » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:54 pm

no avatar
TigerLily

by TigerLily » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Someone named Fatiah70 from the Congo is sending emails requesting help with her fortune blah blah blah. I don't know who is the administrator for the site but you should probably delete her.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:19 am

TigerLily wrote:Someone named Fatiah70 from the Congo is sending emails requesting help with her fortune blah blah blah. I don't know who is the administrator for the site but you should probably delete her.

Dearest One,
Hope this mail meets you well, please permit me to introduce my self to you, I am Aisha,the Daughter of the late Mr.and Mrs Ammar Mohammad from Ivory Coast. Who was a famous cocoa merchant based here in Abidjan the Economic capital of Ivory Coast (Cote D'ivoire). I am seeking for your assistance to help me transfer the sum of $ (6,500, 000.00USD) that I inherited from my late father to your bank account.
I am willing to offer you 15% of the total fund as a mode of compensation after the transfer for your time and effort. All the necessary documents concerning this fund are intact. For more details concerning this fund and I will equally send you my photos so that you will see and know who I am.you can contact me through my private e_mail (aishamohammad13@yahoo.fr)
Waiting for your cooperation.
Yours
Faithfully.
Aisha Mohammad.

Geez Louise, I wish I owned a cocoa plantation !

Josh Lewis wrote:It looked a little different from that one. But perhaps I over reacted and didn't even want to look closely at the fine details. :wink:

"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:28 pm

http://www.summitpost.org/users/sashimemoto/108390

Why? After joining up, this member added two comments, which appear quite normal, but end with a commercial link:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... 064#474064
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... 065#474065

Then again, maybe deleting is a bit too harsh, and education might be better.

PreviousNext

Return to Bad Submissions