Chamonix Sept 2016, Looking for climbing partner

Find climbing partners in Europe.
no avatar
DavidLy

Chamonix Sept 2016, Looking for climbing partner

by DavidLy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:40 am

Hi everyone,

My name is David from the United States and I am looking for a climbing partner for my planned trip to the Alps this September of 2016. I plan to be there from Aug 31 to Sept 19. My goals are to do some alpine climbing/training with a company for 3 days (of which I would love to have someone come aboard to split the costs) as well as finish up with a 5 day course with the same company to summit the Matterhorn.

I have been talking to a local company and the prices seem fair (still not budget friendly) but more fair with 2 people. On the days w/o a guide, I would hopefully be able to relax with some easy going hikes as well as do some low-mid altitude climbing.

I am 30 years old and have mild to moderate experience with mountaineering. I have most of my own gear and wouldnt mind ice climbing if there are any available spots to do so during July. Ive have done high altitude hikes such as Everest Base Camp and Kilimanjaro, as well as some volcanoes in Mexico and Ecuador that required crampons and a little French Technique as well as plans to summit Mt Elbrus in Russia this May. I am looking for someone mature with an open mind and just wants to enjoy the great outdoors while keeping an open mind to whatever comes.

Here is to some great inquiries!

David

Angelo

Re: Chamonix Sept 2016, Looking for climbing partner

by Angelo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi David,

I posted sth similar for mid-August to mid-Sep (13th). Matterhorn would be nice in the beginning of Sep and other peaks as well. Mountaineering and trad/sport climbing are very welcome. Just drop me a line if you are interested and we can talk about experience and goals:)

Angel

no avatar
Martinla82

by Martinla82 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:00 am

Hi David and Anglo,

I'll be in the Alps and Northern Italy all of September. My main focus is moderate Alpine mountaineering PD/AD sort of grade. Also long multipitch climbing and sport. I'm up for doing stuff un guided (I have a hit list from guide/friend I and my son climbed with earlier in the summer). Would also be up for sharing the cost of a guide for something harder. Give me a shout and we'll make some plans.

Angelo

by Angelo » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:39 am

Just arrived Chamonix;) here my French number: +33 0785273760

Return to Europe