Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
distressbark

Re: Report Bugs Here

by distressbark » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:08 pm

I have run into an issue with the "Needs Major Updates" functionality. I voted for major updates for Mount Merritt http://www.summitpost.org/mount-merritt/225718 a few weeks back, then I ended up inheriting ownership from the creator. I just completed a major overhaul, but now I am unable to remove my own Needs Major Updates vote. Can anyone be of assistance?

Thanks in advance!

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:23 pm

distressbark wrote:I have run into an issue with the "Needs Major Updates" functionality. Can anyone be of assistance?

Thanks in advance!

OK, that vote is removed.

Jow

by Jow » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:53 pm

In Chrome on my desktop at work when I try to reply to a thread or post it just take me to my profile page.

Also today I tried to add a mountain page and it just said submit changes at bottom which then took me to weird text only white screen error thingy.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:08 am

In Chrome on my desktop at work when I try to reply to a thread or post it just take me to my profile page.

It happens occasionally, but I don't think it's ever been fixed.

Signing out then back in seems to always work, but I've never heard a reason as to why it happens.

Jow

by Jow » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:30 am

Scott wrote:

It happens occasionally, but I don't think it's ever been fixed.

Signing out then back in seems to always work, but I've never heard a reason as to why it happens.

Ok I'll try that tomorrow, I'll also try an add Fir Mountain again as well since I'm hiking in two weeks and will add pictures after.

no avatar
jaxstraw

by jaxstraw » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 pm

New here . . . Unable to post. Is there a reason?

no avatar
garburator

by garburator » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:53 pm

When will the partner finder be fixed so it actually works? I've tried a couple of times and it's bad, gives longitudal lines way off base. I like summitpost.org much better than mountainproject.com because it has the true spirit of the mountains, and mountainproject has very little "mountain" in it, but want to use the partner finder to its advantage.

Brian Jenkins

by Brian Jenkins » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Howdy, having trouble adding photos. The create image page has a "No File Chosen" listed and it doesn't allow me to choose a photo. Nothing happens when I click on the Browse button. Something up? Thanks.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Brian Jenkins wrote:Howdy, having trouble adding photos. The create image page has a "No File Chosen" listed and it doesn't allow me to choose a photo. Nothing happens when I click on the Browse button. Something up? Thanks.

It seems to be working for me. Are you still having the problem or is anyone else?

Brian Jenkins

by Brian Jenkins » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Was able to choose the photo after I cleared cookies but now it just spins when I hit submit and nothing happens.

Arrgh, nevermind. It's back to not being able to "choose file."

Brian Jenkins

by Brian Jenkins » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:01 am

Figured it out. The photo was too big. Needs to be resized.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:28 am

Something weird is happening with the comment sections on pages. Some comments are disappearing, while other comments, some having been added years ago are being duplicated.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:36 am

Scott wrote:Something weird is happening with the comment sections on pages. Some comments are disappearing, while other comments, some having been added years ago are being duplicated.

That's really bizarre. Can you post a link to a page with an example of each?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:50 am

Montana Matt wrote:
Scott wrote:Something weird is happening with the comment sections on pages. Some comments are disappearing, while other comments, some having been added years ago are being duplicated.

That's really bizarre. Can you post a link to a page with an example of each?

See on this page where addition/corrections are being repeated, even ones that were made back in 2004. Start with the first one and scroll through to see that most of the comment thread is repeated:

http://www.summitpost.org/kala-pataar/a ... ons/150207

I noticed that some comments I have made have disappeared. I assumed that it was just page owners, but others are claiming disappearing comments to. See Joel's comment for example:

http://www.summitpost.org/pico-duarte/comments/150346

Most of the comments/additions and corrections aren't important (and many are outdated), but I thought it would be good to point them out in case something else is going on here.

hansw

Votes disappearing

by hansw » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:56 pm

I noticed that several votes and comments have disappeared from the front page TR “Remember the Matterhorn” today (January 25). The reason is not leaving members.
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback