Calling anyone over 6'3" TALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
Big R

Re: Calling anyone over 6'3" TALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Big R » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:49 am

Sympathising with Matt Lemke wanting to find size 17 footwear, as I'm trying to buy mountaineering boots now, Meindl is a German brand that makes excellent hiking boots. I've had their Island Pro size 17 through Kilimanjaro, Nepal and Bhutan. I'm waiting to see if they can do a mountaineering boot, though.

Matt Lemke

by Matt Lemke » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:47 am

If they can let me know!

no avatar
olivermeyr

by olivermeyr » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:34 am

6' 7", 170 lbs. 32 inch waist, 36" (but preferably 38") inseam.
It's super hard finding any--even the above listed--36" inseam pants that have my mythical 32" waist. Near impossible actually. Anyone finds anything, I'd love to know. Elsewise I'll just keep rolling up 32x34's and call them climbing capris.

Matt Lemke

by Matt Lemke » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:51 am

Holy shit...I never thought I would ever find someone with a BMI lower than me but I think you win! I'm 6' 9" and 200 pounds....34" waist and 38" inseam

Damien Gildea

by Damien Gildea » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:44 am

olivermeyr wrote:6' 7", 170 lbs. 32 inch waist, 36" (but preferably 38") inseam.
It's super hard finding any--even the above listed--36" inseam pants that have my mythical 32" waist. Near impossible actually. Anyone finds anything, I'd love to know. Elsewise I'll just keep rolling up 32x34's and call them climbing capris.

You guys are weirdos. I'm only 6'7" 220lbs 33x36 :wink:

Now that beyondclothing in Portland have drowned in weird hipster-army thing and don't do their great custom gear anymore, maybe Bill at NWAlpine could make us some properly long pants.

With a few customers it might be more worth it for him: http://nwalpine.com/store/#!/Fast-Light ... ry=5178964

no avatar
longshanks82

by longshanks82 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:26 pm

Try Montane, I am 6'4" and I wear their trouser and have no issues with length..... Montane Terra Pants Long leg

Scott-NW Alpine

by Scott-NW Alpine » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:42 pm

I work for NW Alpine and we get almost daily traffic from this discussion so we wanted to reach out. We are offering custom inseams in both our Thielsen pant, http://nwalpine.com/store-1/thielsen-pant, and Neoshell Salopette, http://nwalpine.com/store-1/neoshell-salopette, and can help all the tall folks and the short folks.

My apologies if I crossed any boundaries with regards to posting. I tried searching previous forums to see if manufacturers have posted on the site but that feature is unavailable to me. I've used the site for trips when I used to live in Colorado but never created an account. I'm happy to answer any questions on here or you can contact us through our site.

Thanks,
Scott
NW Alpine

Note by rgg: To quote from SP's Terms of Service:
... Recommendation and/or listing of available services or products does not necessarily constitute commercial advertisement. If you stand to make money from someone acting on your post, it is probably going to be deleted.

Based on this, this post would normally not be allowed. However, since another SP member specifically referred to NW Alpine as the answer for the original post, I considered this an exception and approved Scott's post.

The following user would like to thank Scott-NW Alpine for this post
buckie06

no avatar
eastcoastarmy

by eastcoastarmy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:51 pm

I'm 6'4" and about 165lbs... The Arc'teryx Gamma LT and AR (i know they're pricey) in Medium-Tall are the only climbing pants that fit me P-E-R-F-E-C-T.... Some of the Eddie Bauer Guide pants with a 34" seam are pretty close. I have the Gamma LT and AR (for rock climbing and hiking) and the Alpha SL (oh shit pants) in Medium Tall and they all fit RIGHT on the money... Again, pricey, but it's hard to find gear for us lanky dudes...

Previous

Return to Gear