Logan or Denali

Find climbing partners in Canada and Alaska.
no avatar
doriannn

Logan or Denali

by doriannn » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:36 pm

I'm from Poland (currently living in Vancouver) with mountaineering experience in Caucasus mountains, Alps, Canadian Rockies and Scandinavia.

I'm looking for some people to climb mt Logan or Denali (anything but normal route) in late may/early june. It's pretty much last minute for Denali because of 60 days wait time for permits, so we must form a team fast. Logan doesn't have such requirements and maybe it's even more interesting. No crowds, poles marking the path or airports in base camp.

The following user would like to thank doriannn for this post
Virgile

no avatar
Virgile

Re: Logan or Denali

by Virgile » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Hello,

I am Virgile, leader of A Team, climbing team for Denali from 17th may to 3rd june.

We are actually 9 and I have a registered permit for 10.

We are 3 french, 1 canadian, 1 polish, 1 english, 2 australian and 1 from new zealand.

We scheduled around 3 000 euros / pax to climb with a lot of food, collective gear, sat phone, spot rescue device.

Not included the ranger fee 365 usd, insurance, rent of individual gear ( i have a 10 % discount for my team at AMH because it is the second year we come ).

All of us will do the approach with skis, so we will rent it to at AMH for 250 USD / pax.

The plane support ( K2 Aviation for glacier landing and exit ) is included, white gas also and nights in anchorage and talkeetna. The rent of SUV is included too. Only the meals in Anchorage and Talkeetna are not included.

We are not a company but friends who have meet on different mountains ( Aconcagua, Mont Blanc, Elbrus, Denali, Nepal... ) and one of us was a high altitude soldier in french alps army and used to be a high altitude guide.

Denali is not very hard, just the wind and the cold. But most of all, we are a friend team, good mood and courage is the only requirement for us.

You can add me on FB if you want ( Virgile VINOT, with a red vest in front of my plane ).

Virgile

Return to Canada & Alaska