Search and rescue in the Palisades - One fatality

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.

mrchad9

Re: Search and rescue in the Palisades - One fatality

by mrchad9 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 pm

Fuck that sounds horrible.

Years ago due to weather I once had to bail down the backside of the U-notch, as conditions appeared very unsafe to head down the north side. Lots of rockfall, complete whiteout, etc...

We went all the way around to Bishop Pass which was not quick over the boulders especially for my partner and with full packs, and as we had no knowledge of what Jigsaw Pass was like we continued to South Lake and spent hours hitchhiking back to Big Pine Creek. Was pretty fast to Big Pine but took a good while to find someone going up to the trailhead on a Sunday afternoon.

Was quite an ordeal but I never doubted it was worth it.

The following user would like to thank mrchad9 for this post
Cy Kaicener

Simkin

by Simkin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:42 pm

mrchad9 wrote: and spent hours hitchhiking back to Big Pine Creek

I once descended Tenaya canyon and was hoping to get back to my White Wolf campsite by hitchhiking. Nobody stopped except for a ranger who got me a place in one of Valley campgrounds and a sleeping bag and no tent.

This is why when people here say me don't do free solo because they so care about my safety they are lying. They are the same people who left me standing at roadside at night. So their interest in trying to talk me out of free solo is very different.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:55 pm

Simkin wrote:

I once descended Tenaya canyon and was hoping to get back to my White Wolf campsite by hitchhiking. Nobody stopped except for a ranger who got me a place in one of Valley campgrounds and a sleeping bag and no tent.

This is why when people here say me don't do free solo because they so care about my safety they are lying. They are the same people who left me standing at roadside at night. So their interest in trying to talk me out of free solo is very different.

Yes those people are probably the same people who care about human life so much they won't let you get an abortion... but once you have the baby they couldn't give a fuck about it or you. You are on your own even if you can't afford it the could not care less.

brichardsson

by brichardsson » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:57 pm

mrchad9 wrote:Yes those people are probably the same people who care about human life so much they won't let you get an abortion... but once you have the baby they couldn't give a fuck about it or you. You are on your own even if you can't afford it the could not care less.

i was just thinking to myself that sp hadn't been political enough lately.
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

Simkin

by Simkin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 pm

mrchad9 wrote:
Simkin wrote:

Yes those people are probably the same people who care about human life so much they won't let you get an abortion... but once you have the baby they couldn't give a fuck about it or you. You are on your own even if you can't afford it the could not care less.

Apart from irrelevant it is just wrong. Abortion is legal. One can give up the baby at birth to an orphanage. And always can get a welfare. Some produce more children just to get this welfare.

So why are you bringing this up? To blah-blah-blah the issue?

You better tell me this. Someone tells that instead of doing scientific research I should be driving a truck. Besmirching my website. When I post a video of my free solo of a 50 ft 5.2 tells that it is a 30 feet 5.0 and that only a ... can post such thing to YouTube. An when I post a free solo of a 300 ft 5.6 starts caring for my safety.

How do you call it? Please spell.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:27 pm

I do not know what you are talking about with respect to your videos. But I do wonder why you care what someone you've never met might think about them... if that is what you are getting at.

Simkin

by Simkin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 pm

mrchad9 wrote:I do not know what you are talking about

Not surprising since you do not know what you yourself are talking about.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Simkin wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:I do not know what you are talking about

Not surprising since you do not know what you yourself are talking about.

I want to kiss you.

The following user would like to thank mrchad9 for this post
Enkidu

Return to News