What would you bring to Mexico?

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
staringcontest

What would you bring to Mexico?

by staringcontest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:18 am

Going to give Citlaltepetl aka Orizaba a try this December. I've seen dozens of different opinions on footwear, doubles, singles, blah blah. Some people wore light LS Trangos and swore by it, others said they had frozen feet in Nepal Evos, and others said they wore double plastics for the warmth but hated having to hike the approach to the glacier in them. Boot recommendations all over the place..

At this point I'm thinking bring both my Scarpa Triolet single boots (less warm than Mont Blanc et al.) and my double plastics with approach shoes and deciding which setup at the trail head. As far as other clothing goes I'm just bringing my standard summer Rainier kit.

For those who've been there or are confident in their knowledge of boots: What would you go with? Scarpa singles or the double plastic tanks?
TIV

ExcitableBoy

Re: What would you bring to Mexico?

by ExcitableBoy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:54 pm

A helmet, a pry bar, a really good dusk mask, a shovel, and a strong back. They are still recovering from a devastating earth quake and can probably use all the help they can get. Maybe include some basic supplies like water and food for the locals.

The following user would like to thank ExcitableBoy for this post
staringcontest

staringcontest

Re: What would you bring to Mexico?

by staringcontest » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:40 am

ExcitableBoy wrote:They are still recovering from a devastating earth quake and can probably use all the help they can get.

Now by that I can abide. Hard manual labor for a populus in need? Not out of the question. I own a hardhat, a Pulaski and a back.

Return to Gear