Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:55 pm

nader wrote:I was using Internet Explorer and nothing was working. Could not align pictures, could not put text in table etc.

I started using Google Chrome and everything worked. In case anyone else has the same problem.

Yes, IE is basically unsupported on the web at this point. Only moder browsers (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, FireFox, etc.) will work with the new editor.

User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Marmaduke wrote:With the new format when taking my SP images and starting an album, ONLY 1 photo uploads. I upload a 2nd and it replaces the prior.

When creating albums historically, uploading images was disallowed. Albums are intended to be a collection of images that are already uploaded to the site.

User Avatar
Marmaduke

 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 am
Thanked: 714 times in 550 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Marmaduke » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:With the new format when taking my SP images and starting an album, ONLY 1 photo uploads. I upload a 2nd and it replaces the prior.

When creating albums historically, uploading images was disallowed. Albums are intended to be a collection of images that are already uploaded to the site.

They are already uploaded.....

no avatar
aush

 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:03 pm
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Re: Report Bugs Here

by aush » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:11 pm

When I'm logged in, users' avatars are not shown anymore.
Image

User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:30 pm

aush wrote:When I'm logged in, users' avatars are not shown anymore.
Image


Hmm, you're the first to report this and I can't seem to replicate it. Can you describe more about your setup and how and where you are not seeing the users' avatars?

no avatar
aush

 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:03 pm
Thanked: 0 time in 0 post

Re: Report Bugs Here

by aush » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:37 pm

I tried with Firefox and IE - same result: when I log out or browse in invisible/anonymous mode, avatars are shown correctly, and have a hyperlink to user's profile. When I log in, they are replaces with "no_avatar.gif" placeholder (styles/Charon%20-%20Main/theme/images/no_avatar.gif), and the hyperlink now directs to https://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/
I can save the page if you want to take a look on the HTML source, or I can send you my password via email so you can try to replicate under my login.

User Avatar
hansw

 
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:52 pm
Thanked: 22 times in 16 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by hansw » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:10 pm

Montana Matt wrote:Anything that is not HTTPS will no longer work on pages without explicitly clicking on the "Load unsafe scripts" (at least that's the option on Google Chrome). Anything included in a page that is HTTP only presents a security risk.

Ok, I have worked through my pages and changed all the YouTube references from http to https. I have also adjusted my pages to fit mobile devices by reducing the size of the video windows and the number of columns in tables. This may not be the way to go but for the time being it seems to work.
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman

User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:48 pm

aush wrote:I can save the page if you want to take a look on the HTML source, or I can send you my password via email so you can try to replicate under my login.

Both would be helpful.

hansw wrote:Ok, I have worked through my pages and changed all the YouTube references from http to https. I have also adjusted my pages to fit mobile devices by reducing the size of the video windows and the number of columns in tables. This may not be the way to go but for the time being it seems to work.

Yep, that's the way to go!

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1138 times in 594 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:58 am

Montana Matt wrote:
Scott wrote:Hmm, it still doesn't look fixed on my end.

The table on this page doesn't look fixed now?:
https://www.summitpost.org/25-highest-points/991121

This is what I'm seeing:
Screenshot 2018-01-31 15.46.10.png


If not, can you provide a screenshot or a link to another page that doesn't look right.


How did you make the page work? I tried to create a new one and it reverted back to the old problem.

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1138 times in 594 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:03 am

Here's another glitch, but it probably has to do with special coding. The left hand menu bar is at the bottom of the page:

https://www.summitpost.org/gran-paradiso/150350

User Avatar
alpinbeta

 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:12 pm
Thanked: 7 times in 5 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by alpinbeta » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Scott wrote:Here's another glitch, but it probably has to do with special coding. The left hand menu bar is at the bottom of the page: https://www.summitpost.org/gran-paradiso/150350


Yes, different pages of various owners have the same problem. It's a bad combination of div code in the images.

https://www.summitpost.org/cima-delle-anime-east-ridge-ne-slope-traverse/913843

User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Scott wrote:How did you make the page work? I tried to create a new one and it reverted back to the old problem.

Can you post a link? We should be able to address the issue.

Scott wrote:Here's another glitch, but it probably has to do with special coding. The left hand menu bar is at the bottom of the page:

https://www.summitpost.org/gran-paradiso/150350

Any pages like that where one or both sidebars are shoved to the bottom means that there is bad HTML in the page.

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1138 times in 594 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:03 am

Montana Matt wrote:
Scott wrote:How did you make the page work? I tried to create a new one and it reverted back to the old problem.


Can you post a link? We should be able to address the issue.


Here's a random example I just created using the chart tool in the editor:

https://www.summitpost.org/test/1014541

User Avatar
Marmaduke

 
Posts: 1493
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 am
Thanked: 714 times in 550 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Marmaduke » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:54 am

Marmaduke wrote:
Montana Matt wrote:
Marmaduke wrote:With the new format when taking my SP images and starting an album, ONLY 1 photo uploads. I upload a 2nd and it replaces the prior.

When creating albums historically, uploading images was disallowed. Albums are intended to be a collection of images that are already uploaded to the site.

They are already uploaded.....


Matt, they are already downloaded on SP. I start an album, one pic is loaded, start another, it replaces the pic I just loaded.......

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1138 times in 594 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:03 pm

It seems that the comment email notification system is sending multiple emails for the same comment:

sum.JPG
sum.JPG (28.59 KiB) Viewed 427 times

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests