Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Scott
Forum Moderator

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:19 pm

OK, here's another bug. Any accent in a photo caption does some weird things. For example, Pelón turns into this:

accent.JPG
accent.JPG (46.85 KiB) Viewed 1594 times

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Scott wrote:OK, here's another bug. Any accent in a photo caption does some weird things. For example, Pelón turns into this:

Oh, that's interesting. It's taking some characters and turning them into some sort of character conversion which isn't getting saved or converted correctly when displayed. Thanks for pointing that one out.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:25 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Lodewijk wrote:I don't know if anyone already noticed this? And Matt can you help out, thanks...

AlbertoRampini wrote:Matt showed me a solution to the problem: while waiting for a system solution, you can press the ctrl and f5 keys after the submit and the page will appear with the changes.

I still don't know why this is happening, but I hope to get it fixed soon. It's not doing it only when editing, but I've noticed I have to manually refresh the "What's New" page or any page I come to visit on SummitPost.

I believe this bug --- where pages are cached by the user's browser and leads to confusion when editing -- should be fixed now.

You should no longer have to hit F5 to refresh when editing, but should automatically receive a fresh page with each request to the server.

You might have to do one more F5 before it is permanently fixed for you.

Please let me know your results when editing pages.

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
Alberto Rampini, Lodewijk

Alberto Rampini

by Alberto Rampini » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Montana Matt wrote: You should no longer have to hit F5 to refresh when editing, but should automatically receive a fresh page with each request to the server. You might have to do one more F5 before it is permanently fixed for you.
Please let me know your results when editing pages.

Now I am re-starting to fix all my pages badly formatted. Things seem to be ok! Thanks!

The following user would like to thank Alberto Rampini for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:50 pm

AlbertoRampini wrote:Now I am re-starting to fix all my pages badly formatted. Things seem to be ok! Thanks!

Great, thanks for the confirmation that the problem has been resolved!

no avatar
jmspagggi

by jmspagggi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:19 am

Hi, don't know if this has been reported or not, but I logged in and then went to this page: https://www.summitpost.org/belvidere-mountain/261999 where it says I have to log in to edit. When I click on Log in, it says I'm already logged in. Going back to the page it keeps asking me to log in. Reporting just in case no-one faced that before...

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:56 am

jmspagggi wrote:Hi, don't know if this has been reported or not, but I logged in and then went to this page: https://www.summitpost.org/belvidere-mountain/261999 where it says I have to log in to edit. When I click on Log in, it says I'm already logged in. Going back to the page it keeps asking me to log in. Reporting just in case no-one faced that before...

It happens to me too, especially on the phone. I fix it by clearing the cache then it works again.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Matt Miller

Gangolf Haub
Forum Moderator

by Gangolf Haub » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:11 am

seems we're stuck with a permanent potd. Displaying a fake peregrine which moreover has the wrong colours.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Scott wrote:
jmspagggi wrote:Hi, don't know if this has been reported or not, but I logged in and then went to this page: https://www.summitpost.org/belvidere-mountain/261999 where it says I have to log in to edit. When I click on Log in, it says I'm already logged in. Going back to the page it keeps asking me to log in. Reporting just in case no-one faced that before...

It happens to me too, especially on the phone. I fix it by clearing the cache then it works again.

Thanks for reporting this and also, thanks Scott for giving a solution. I was able to recreate this login/logout issue today and I believe it should be fixed now.

Gangolf Haub wrote:seems we're stuck with a permanent potd. Displaying a fake peregrine which moreover has the wrong colours.

You're seeing a cached (by your browser) version of the front page. Do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) and you should see the fresh page and will always see a fresh page thereafter doing the hard refresh. Same goes for What's New page.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:51 am

On the phone, I can sign in, but starting today whenever I click on the forum, it takes me back to my profile. This is also true after the cache is clear.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:42 pm

Scott wrote:On the phone, I can sign in, but starting today whenever I click on the forum, it takes me back to my profile. This is also true after the cache is clear.

Hmm, I was experiencing that earlier on Friday. Then I fixed it mid-day. It should work now if you clear all cache and cookies.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Scott wrote:On the phone, I can sign in, but starting today whenever I click on the forum, it takes me back to my profile. This is also true after the cache is clear.

Hmm, I was experiencing that earlier on Friday. Then I fixed it mid-day. It should work now if you clear all cache and cookies.

It's still happening even after cache is cleared.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:10 pm

Scott wrote:It's still happening even after cache is cleared.

Interesting. Then how were you able make this post?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:17 am

Montana Matt wrote:

Laptop. Until now, I haven't been able to post on my phone since last Friday even after clearing the cache or if I log off and back in. Hitting reply goes straight to my profile.

I think I just found a way around this though. If I clear the cache, while I am signed out and then I sign back in, it seems to fix the problem. :?: It doesn't seem to fix it if I just clear the cache or just log in and out; it has to be both.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:28 am

Scott wrote:
Montana Matt wrote:

Laptop. Until now, I haven't been able to post on my phone since last Friday even after clearing the cache or if I log off and back in. Hitting reply goes straight to my profile.

I think I just found a way around this though. If I clear the cache, while I am signed out and then I sign back in, it seems to fix the problem. :?: It doesn't seem to fix it if I just clear the cache or just log in and out; it has to be both.

One of the top contributors of this site sent me a PM saying that he can't post on the forum and it just goes to his profile after trying the above.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback