Guides for Grossglockner and Mont Blanc

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
aatom

Guides for Grossglockner and Mont Blanc

by aatom » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:09 am

Hey everyone,

we are a group of actively fit young men who have been into the mountains for a while. Our biggest expedition was last year's Mt. Elbrus and we are now looking to go back into the thin air. We have been preparing to climb Grossglockner and Mont Blanc this August and right now are looking for guides on both mountains. We are not completely novice but some members could use some assistance from (a) guide(s).

Can anyone recommend any good private guides who could work with a semi-amateur group like ours for a reasonable price?

Thanks.
Robert

rgg
Forum Moderator

Re: Guides for Grossglockner and Mont Blanc

by rgg » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:16 pm

If you hire one and the same guide for both, it's more than likely that you have the guide's traveling expenses. Therefore I suggest looking for an Austrian guide based near Grossglockner and a French or Italian one near Mont Blanc. It's been a while since I hired a guide so I don't know the current rates, but Austrian and Italian ones used to be cheaper than those from Chamonix. The Swiss are in a league of there own.

Cheers, Rob

Return to Europe