Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Klenke wrote:Matt: is there an operational limit to how many rows a table can have on a summitpost page?

No, there shouldn't be. But the newest editor will have trouble with pages that have a lot of images and I know quite a few people like putting images in tables with a lot of rows. If you do that, it would be best to use the old editor or the ancient editor.

User Avatar
yatsek

 
Posts: 901
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 pm
Thanked: 63 times in 48 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by yatsek » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Couldn't open the front page all Sunday and it's already Monday where I am and I still can't, neither can I send PMs: "Cannot connect: DB Error: connect failed"

User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:03 am

yatsek wrote:Couldn't open the front page all Sunday and it's already Monday where I am and I still can't, neither can I send PMs: "Cannot connect: DB Error: connect failed"

The hardware this virtual server resides on went down on Saturday night. The crash resulted in some database tables being corrupted. All has been fixed as of about 8 hours ago, so you should no longer be seeing any errors. You might have to do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) if the page was cached by your browser when it was an error.

The following user would like to thank Montana Matt for this post
yatsek

User Avatar
Klenke

 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 4:14 pm
Thanked: 18 times in 14 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Klenke » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:52 am

Matt, is there some sort of CSS style for cell padding placed on all tables on Summitpost that is not 0px? All of my tables (list pages) and tables owned by others I've looked at place spaces (padding) on either side of table content, which obviously means the tables are a lot wider than they need to be? If you're telling me the center section that a table resides in is a fixed width now, then the user may wish to squeeze the table by removing said padding.

Here is an example of the unnecessarily wide table due to not being able to remove the padding:
this list.

Is there a way to override the padding that SP may be imposing on tables?

What I'm trying to do is make the content look tight like the top table at right here, not spread out like the bottom table:
html testing link

User Avatar
Klenke

 
Posts: 935
Joined: Thu May 23, 2002 4:14 pm
Thanked: 18 times in 14 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Klenke » Wed May 02, 2018 8:06 am

Never mind. I have figured out the html code to squeeze the columns. Now just to fine tune the layout.

The following user would like to thank Klenke for this post
Montana Matt

User Avatar
artrock23

 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:26 pm
Thanked: 683 times in 381 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by artrock23 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:18 am

Why am I being redirected to my profile page when trying to access the Off Route forum?

User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Fri May 04, 2018 7:36 pm

artrock23 wrote:Why am I being redirected to my profile page when trying to access the Off Route forum?

I've had this happen before as well, but simply clearing all summitpost.org cookies in your browser and then logging into the site again should fix the issue.

User Avatar
artrock23

 
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:26 pm
Thanked: 683 times in 381 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by artrock23 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
artrock23 wrote:Why am I being redirected to my profile page when trying to access the Off Route forum?

I've had this happen before as well, but simply clearing all summitpost.org cookies in your browser and then logging into the site again should fix the issue.


I've done as you suggested, but the problem persists.

ETA: The issue only seems to occur when using my phone. Now on the computer, everything's okay, except that some of the threads in this forum have posts in Chinese script. :lol:

User Avatar
Yury

 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:49 pm
Thanked: 131 times in 79 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Yury » Sat May 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Chrome on Android tablet:
1) The "most important" forum is invisible, although my name is displayed at he top as logged in user.
I can see all other forums.
2) Clicking on "Reply" displays my profile

User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 173 times in 118 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Montana Matt » Sat May 05, 2018 8:10 pm

artrock23 wrote:ETA: The issue only seems to occur when using my phone. Now on the computer, everything's okay, except that some of the threads in this forum have posts in Chinese script.

I've noticed the same problem with certain threads on my phone as well. I haven't debugged it yet, but I also haven't cleared my cookies on my phone browser.

As for the threads with Chinese characters, those have been deleted!

Yury wrote:Chrome on Android tablet:
1) The "most important" forum is invisible, although my name is displayed at he top as logged in user.
I can see all other forums.

What is the "most important" forum?
Yury wrote:2) Clicking on "Reply" displays my profile

I don't see a button anywhere that reads "Reply". Can you take a screenshot or be more specific? I see a button that reads "Post a reply" on the top left corner of any threads and another button that reads "QUICK REPLY" at the end of each forum thread.

User Avatar
Yury

 
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:49 pm
Thanked: 131 times in 79 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Yury » Sat May 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Yury wrote:Chrome on Android tablet:
1) The "most important" forum is invisible, although my name is displayed at he top as logged in user.
I can see all other forums.

What is the "most important" forum?

It's a forum devoted to fooking around. :)


Montana Matt wrote:
Yury wrote:2) Clicking on "Reply" displays my profile

I don't see a button anywhere that reads "Reply". Can you take a screenshot or be more specific? I see a button that reads "Post a reply" on the top left corner of any threads and another button that reads "QUICK REPLY" at the end of each forum thread.

You are right.
It's "Post a reply" button.

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1138 times in 594 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Sun May 06, 2018 4:07 am

But I haven't noticed it being a wide-spread problem. I've looked through lots and lots of image pages and I haven't noticed any missing.


I don't know if this is the problem you are referring to or if it is something else, but I am noticing that several of my photos are missing. See the page below for one example:

https://www.summitpost.org/blob-rock-5-7-5-11/999276

User Avatar
Redwic

 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:16 am
Thanked: 23 times in 12 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Redwic » Sun May 06, 2018 6:36 pm

Another SP user reported to me that some of my photos were missing. I have since confirmed that, noticing a lot of my photos and diagrams missing. Thinking the photo might have gotten corrupted from recent site updates, if I attempt to replace the photo with either the original photo or a different photo, the system will not allow it. If I try to add a new photo to a Mountain page that has had a photo corrupted/missing, the system is not allowing me to do so.

User Avatar
Redwic

 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:16 am
Thanked: 23 times in 12 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Redwic » Sun May 06, 2018 7:01 pm

UPDATE: For one of my pictures (which was a route diagram), it was originally saved as a .BMP file type. I then tried saving it as a .PNG file type, but SP still did not show it despite stating it was successful. I then tried saving it as a .JPG and I can now see the diagram. However, the .JPG format is not preferred for many diagrams and photos.

Is SP no longer recognizing .BMP or .PNG photo file types?

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8329
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1138 times in 594 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Scott » Fri May 11, 2018 4:42 am

Redwic wrote:UPDATE: For one of my pictures (which was a route diagram), it was originally saved as a .BMP file type. I then tried saving it as a .PNG file type, but SP still did not show it despite stating it was successful. I then tried saving it as a .JPG and I can now see the diagram. However, the .JPG format is not preferred for many diagrams and photos.

Is SP no longer recognizing .BMP or .PNG photo file types?


That seems to solve the mystery of the missing photos (or at least photos that just show as an red X) A lot of people have missing photos (including myself) and they are all .bmp and .png files. This includes photos that were added years ago.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Montana Matt

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests