Heading to Chamonix/Mont Blan - living out of my car

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
8Bald

Heading to Chamonix/Mont Blan - living out of my car

by 8Bald » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:58 am

Hi all

I'm 25 years old and have some mountaineering experience, although not much, especially not in high altitudes. My five week vacation has started and I need to get to the mountains, can't stand sea level :D

Tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, I'll be driving to Chamonix by car. My plan is to spend a week there before attempting Mont Blanc. A week of a little hiking, acclimitazation and sightseeing.

I want to cut costs as much as possible and want to sleep in my car. Is there a place around where I can park my car for free? Or better yet, maybe a camp site where I can park my car for a fee.

The following user would like to thank 8Bald for this post
Cy Kaicener

seano

Re: Heading to Chamonix/Mont Blan - living out of my car

by seano » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:24 pm

I was just there, and it’s not hard to car camp for a little while for free. Just look for the French camper vans parked next to the “no camping” signs...

That said, Chamonix is a bit of a zoo, and the Alps are big, so you might have more fun acclimating somewhere else, then heading to Chamonix to tag Mont Blanc. Email me if you want more specifics.

makhavi

Re: Heading to Chamonix/Mont Blan - living out of my car

by makhavi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi
I am going biking in france and was wondering if I can climb Mt Blanc in 2 days?

Return to Europe