Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Matt Miller
Site Admin

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Matt Miller » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:15 am

Scott wrote:I haven't had a chance to test the editor lately, but I did notice that that clicking on list view in What's New has this error:

Smarty error: [in search_results/search_results_responsive.tpl line 93]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: postscribe('#right-ads', '

Thanks for reporting that. It should be fixed now.

As for the editor...well...it's better than it was, but there is still a bit of work to do. It requires a lot of coding and testing to try to make it compatible with several years of different editors and custom HTML code that people have written. It will never function as expected on 100% of pages because of how much flexibility was allowed for within SP pages.

But, it does seem to work with the majority of the pages now. The only exception is when inserting new images and then trying to align them. We are still working on that aspect of the editor, but the guy who I hired has been sick this week and hasn't been able to work, so progress has been slow. I'm hoping to release some more bug fixes for the editor next week.

If you notice anything odd outside of unexpected captioning behavior, please report it here.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:52 pm

Someone featured a page of mine, and I have received three identical emails telling me that.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

The following user would like to thank Bob Sihler for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:Someone featured a page of mine, and I have received three identical emails telling me that.

Someone must have featured it 3 times. When a page is featured, it doesn't immediately get pushed to the front page like it has historically. So whoever was featuring it probably didn't know that and featured it 3 times before the script ran to update the front page.

I need to send an email out to all of the elves letting them know about some of the recent changes to the site and how they might impact some of their duties.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:14 pm

In the forum, Quick Reply works, but Post Reply just goes to my profile, even when I sign out and back in.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:35 am

Scott wrote:In the forum, Quick Reply works, but Post Reply just goes to my profile, even when I sign out and back in.

Weird. I don't understand how that could happen. Maybe it is a cookie issue...have you tried clearing all of your cookies and then logging in again?

EastKing

by EastKing » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:57 pm

I can't download pictures through the Bulk Uploader or the main uploader. It seems to not work with Jpegs anymore.

The following user would like to thank EastKing for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:34 pm

EastKing wrote:I can't download pictures through the Bulk Uploader or the main uploader. It seems to not work with Jpegs anymore.

I saw your post and immediately went to test. All of the image upload features are working fine for me.

Anyone else having similar issues to EastKing?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:38 pm

Matt Miller wrote:
Scott wrote:In the forum, Quick Reply works, but Post Reply just goes to my profile, even when I sign out and back in.

Weird. I don't understand how that could happen. Maybe it is a cookie issue...have you tried clearing all of your cookies and then logging in again?

Yes, I have tried that. It still doesn't work.

I can however get to Post Reply by hitting quote and quoting another member, such as what I did here.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Sorry, Scott, I'm not sure what could be causing that. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Matt Miller wrote:Sorry, Scott, I'm not sure what could be causing that. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

There isn't much to screenshot. When I hit "Post a Reply" it goes straight to my profile. This is after clearing all cookies, cache, etc.

reply.JPG
reply.JPG (49.6 KiB) Viewed 11997 times

PS, it seems to be working now. I'm not sure what changed. :?:

Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 pm

Scott wrote:PS, it seems to be working now. I'm not sure what changed.

Oh, good! Nothing changed as far as I know, but we did release several new versions of code today so perhaps there was a fix in there that inadvertently resolved this problem as well.

Let me know if you experience the issue again though.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:28 am

Here's a bug:

When you add a photo directly into an object when in Edit Mode, the caption and title seem to disappear.

Matt Miller

hgrapid

by hgrapid » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:36 am

I cannot upload images for the first time in 16 years. JPG does not load. I am kind of stuck on this page I want to post photos for.

The following user would like to thank hgrapid for this post
Matt Miller

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:46 pm

hgrapid wrote:I cannot upload images for the first time in 16 years. JPG does not load. I am kind of stuck on this page I want to post photos for.

Which method are you trying to upload images with? The bulk uploader or traditional single image uploader?

Can you email me the image at webmaster@summitpost.org so that I can try?

Klenke

by Klenke » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:04 am

Back to the banner photo image being too big, Matt:

This is just dumb.

Can't we fix this as previously mentioned?

The following user would like to thank Klenke for this post
ZeeJay

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback