Finding someone who scaled Mont Blanc in 1986

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Joinneau

Finding someone who scaled Mont Blanc in 1986

by Joinneau » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:14 pm

I am a nearly 50 yo Frenchman who lost both legs to frostbite thirty years ago in Mont-Blanc, French Alps, back to 1989, thirty years ago. I currently live in Cherbourg, Normandy, not far from debarkation shores.

I would like to submit you a request to find someone: I have been on the summit of mont Blanc in the afternoon of 30th of August 1986. There was an American alpinist there, he hold me his photograph and asked me to take a picture of him. In return he took a picture of me and promised me to send it later. Unfortunately we forgot to give each other our adresses, as it was late we were in time to go down to the refuge.

I am worried because I am now nearly 50 my health ain't so good and I lost all photos of this period of my life, but that joint of An ID took at the age of 16, nearly 17, just a month or two after. Many thanks for your help.

In this year of 75th anniversary of Us landing in Normandy, it would be great.
I would warmly welcome anyone passing by, we do have a couch for passers by. As I Iused to be a pastry-cook before I also do cakes.

Return to Europe