Looking for a climbing partner or 2 for Mt Rainier 8/2020

Find climbing partners in the Pacific Northwest.
hkunsmann

Looking for a climbing partner or 2 for Mt Rainier 8/2020

by hkunsmann » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:56 pm

I’m looking for a climbing partner or two to climb Mt Rainier in August 2020. I’ve climbed fifteen 14,000 footers, but never mountains with glaciers. So I’d prefer someone that has experience with glaciers or that has already climbed Rainier. Thanks!

Cheers!
Heinzel

no avatar
hutchb25

Re: Looking for a climbing partner or 2 for Mt Rainier 8/202

by hutchb25 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:05 am

Hey Heinzel,

Find anyone yet? I want to do Rainier next year. I've done Mt Baker and Mt Athabasca. I'm still green but I've had a course through my local Mountaineering club and will be hopefully doing a couple of other climbs this season. I could probably round up another one or two team members as well.

PM me or respond here if you have a preferred contact method and lets see if we want to set something up. Wouldn't mind doing another smaller climb with you prior to Rainier so we can go over glacier travel, arrest, etc. Let me know

Eli9064

by Eli9064 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:01 pm

Definitely interested in going on labor day weekend if you are still looking for someone! Email is eeelip@hotmail.com

ilyaspektor

by ilyaspektor » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:43 pm

Hey Heinzel,

I'm in town for roughy a week right now also looking to climb Rainier and other peaks in the cascades. I've done a handful of 14K summits, including Shasta in the winter. I also lack the glacier experience, so perhaps not exactly what you're looking for, but perhaps I can combine with your group if you've found someone who knows how to navigate glaciers, or at least be an added safety benefit from having company during the climb.

My insta: @ilyaspektor

Best,

ilya

Return to US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)