Climbing Partners for Denali Expedition

Find climbing partners in Canada and Alaska.
Kouhnavardmard

Climbing Partners for Denali Expedition

by Kouhnavardmard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm

I am interested in joining a Denali Expedition or make a team for latter part of May to mid June 2019 climbing no later than June 15th 2019.

no avatar
olibeland

Re: Climbing Partners for Denali Expedition

by olibeland » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Kouhnavardmard wrote:I am interested in joining a Denali Expedition or make a team for latter part of May to mid June 2019 climbing no later than June 15th 2019.

Hello,

My name is Olivier and I live in Quebec, Canada. I saw your post and I was also interested climbing Denali this summer (West Buttress - Unguided). I am currently looking for a team and I would be available from late May until early July. If you are still looking for partners, let me know and we can discuss it more.

I have experience with high altitude climb (6000m+) as well as camping in cold conditions. Good physical shape (distance runner + rock climbing). Basic knowledge in orientation, glacier travel, crevasses. I leave you my email: olibeland@hotmail.com

Regards,

Olivier

Dereksimms

by Dereksimms » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:05 pm

My team of three for an unguided attempt on the West Buttress just became a team of two. My current partner and I are looking to add one or two additional climbers to the team. We are permitted and scheduled for orientation in Talkeetna on May 23rd. We have no set return date. We will be traveling by skis, fyi. Anyone with interest should message me as soon as possible, as we have a limited window to add team members to our permit.

no avatar
richard r

by richard r » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Hello, I am also looking to climb Denali, but in 2021. If you want to try in 2021 again let me know. I have ice climbing exp. on Baker, grand Teton and snow camping. I am an nremt also. Thank you rakus

Dereksimms

by Dereksimms » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi Richard. I managed to find a partner and make the summit this summer. An awesome experience that I will not soon forget. Best of luck to you in putting your team together. If you have any questions about planning or logistics, I’m glad to share my thoughts. Happy New Year!

no avatar
vintan

by vintan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:02 am

Hello,

I'm from Montreal and I am looking for a climb team for Denali for a trip starting between June 7 and June 17, 2020. I have been to Aconcagua (twice), Lenin Peak, Ojos del Salado, Chimborazo, Antisana, Sajama and Pico the Orizaba (twice). I have a very good experience in winter camping.

If you're still interested in going to Denali late next spring, please let me know and maybe we can team up. My email is: incvinny1212@gmail.com.

Best regards!

Vincent

travissg

by travissg » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:10 pm

Hello
I am also looking to climb Denali by the regular route. Either this season or in 2021. If there is anyone that would be interested in joining up or adding a team member please let me know. I have climbed quite extensively in the alps and here in the US but mostly solo trips. I am looking for some dedicated partners.
Thanks
Travis from Minnesota

SasangDoc

by SasangDoc » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:30 am

Hello Travis and other climbers,

I'm from Portland, Oregon and hoping to join a Denali Climbing team or start one myself too. I have experience climbing in altitude and the highest I've climbed was 20,650ft and have been training 1.5 years so far for Denali using weighted pack (48lbs) and sled (40lbs) up glacier routes and plan to increase pack/sled weight training this winter. I'd like to give myself plenty of time (3-4 weeks) from arrival in Alaska in case of weather and any other hiccups along the way to maximize summit potential. I would also like to ski down from 14 Camp. I am committed to climbing Denali have already done some research and can be of help setting everything up. If anyone is interested in climbing (and possibly training) together, let me know.

Return to Canada & Alaska