More Ads Lately?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Woodswalker

Re: More Ads Lately?

by Woodswalker » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:41 am

Every time I click on a different page within summitpost I get a huge pop-up add at the bottom of my screen.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:17 pm

A new advertiser recently asked to work with us. We accommodated, but sometimes the ads at the bottom of the screen were the wrong size. I believe it was fixed, but it seems not. What size ad are you seeing? Can you take a screenshot?

LincolnB

by LincolnB » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Big banner across the bottom of every screen. Very annoying. Have to manually close it for each new window. Today there's a new "feature": two bottom ads, each one of which you have to click on a little box to close. Truly horrible. I though there was a move to have an ad-free site for those willing to pay? I would.

Woodswalker

by Woodswalker » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:15 am

Matt Miller wrote:A new advertiser recently asked to work with us. We accommodated, but sometimes the ads at the bottom of the screen were the wrong size. I believe it was fixed, but it seems not. What size ad are you seeing? Can you take a screenshot?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:04 am

The biggest issues I see with the new ads is that it makes it hard to sign a summit log. It covers up the submit button. Sometimes closing the ad makes it work and sometimes it doesn't.

The following user would like to thank Scott for this post
Matt Miller

no avatar
Ajaydizzle

by Ajaydizzle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:43 pm

I have to agree, I noticed it happening a lot more recently. The adds end up resizing the page or completely moving everything once it finally loads. Two adds per page, everytime you click a new link, open a new photo, etc. As I type this the add at the top keeps resizing and glitching the screen. This site has invaluable information, it is incredibly buggy though with these new adds, desktop and Mobile.

Woodswalker

by Woodswalker » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am

Woodswalker wrote:
Matt Miller wrote:A new advertiser recently asked to work with us. We accommodated, but sometimes the ads at the bottom of the screen were the wrong size. I believe it was fixed, but it seems not. What size ad are you seeing? Can you take a screenshot?

Any progress in addressing this issue? It is still happening.

Woodswalker

by Woodswalker » Fri May 22, 2020 8:48 am

^^^^^Any progress in addressing this issue? It is still happening with every page I click on in SP.

selinunte01

by selinunte01 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi Woodswalker, I had the same problem, really annoying. I tried
https://adblockplus.org/ and the shit vanished (I use Firefox as browser). Try it, maybe your problem is gone, too.

Previous

Return to Site Feedback