Mt. Shasta Climbing Partner

Find climbing partners in California
tmbalboni

Mt. Shasta Climbing Partner

by tmbalboni » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Hey there!
I'm a 31 YO male living in the town of Mt. Shasta. Looking for a mountaineering partner to explore more of Mt. Shasta's glacial and alpine offerings. My goal is to climb all 14 routes (already have 2 down). I already have another climber (another Mt. Shasta local, 32 YO male) competent in glacier travel/alpine climbing. Looking to create at least a team of 3 for safety reasons.
Former Marine, experienced thru-hiker, high level of experience in map and compass navigation, skier, and beginner glacier travel/alpine mountaineer. Safety is paramount. Proper trip planning is essential. I have a 9mm 40m single dry rope, snow protection, slings/cordette, and use the partner pulley/tibloc/micro traxion Petzl system for crevasse ascent and setting up hauling. Competent with munter-mule/prussiks/ and other essential mountaineering knots. I of course have all non-technical gear as well including a 3-person four season tent. For orienteering I use a map of Mt. Shasta, a high quality compass, and a Garmin GPS.
My technical skills include:
1. Self-Ascent out of a Crevasse
2. Setting Protection
3. Prepping the lip
4. Setting up a hauling system
5. Belaying a climber
6. Moving on the rope with a running belay
If you have any interest in teaming up please send a text to: (831) 345-9638. My first name is Theo.

no avatar
Grant101

Re: Mt. Shasta Climbing Partner

by Grant101 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:43 am

JUNE 2024 need a Shasta climbing partner. Would be interested in going with anyone! I'm 18 and don't have anyone to climb Shasta with this coming June

Deb

Re: Mt. Shasta Climbing Partner

by Deb » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:12 pm

Grant101 wrote:JUNE 2024 need a Shasta climbing partner. Would be interested in going with anyone! I'm 18 and don't have anyone to climb Shasta with this coming June

Are you a skier, or split boarder?

Return to US - California