Trekking peaks in Pakistan

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
dcanaley

Trekking peaks in Pakistan

by dcanaley » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:52 am

Does anybody have any good information on some relatively short (3-5 days) trekking peaks in Pakistan? I have about a week or so to kill in Pakistan this March, and would like to trek/climb for a few days if possible.

I'd appreciate it.

Damien Gildea

Re: Trekking peaks in Pakistan

by Damien Gildea » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:30 pm

Climbing in Pakistan is much more difficult than in Nepal or India etc. There are few, if any, peaks considered to be 'trekking peaks' if by that you mean relatively low and easy ascent of peaks on snow and ice etc, like Island or Mera in Nepal.

The Naltar Valley, close to Gilgit, is relatively accessible, but the peaks are not necessarily easy and March is still right in winter. Further north it will be even more wintery. The only winter climbing I know of there was an ascent of an easy 6000m peak in Shimshal, but that is still a few days walk from the KKH, maybe more in winter.

If you only have a week, doing a decent size peak is out of the question, especially in March. You could maybe go walkign in the Murree Hills, or whatever that hill station place is outside of Islamabad, where locals go hiking.

D

ilyas78

by ilyas78 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:37 pm

Hello friend
I m Muhammed ilyas from pakistan damien is saying right the pakistans mountains is difficult to climb that any other parts of the world like nepal india and china and reaches that mountains from kkh around 2 to 6 days but some mountains is very easy to reach that base camp name of the one is mount falak ser in kohe abasen in hindukush range is just 6000 meters of mountains peak 5680 meters high in the kalam very easy to reach that about 10 hour drive to islamabad but this is also very difficult to climb that i have data of this mountains avalaible i would visited that mountain very heavy galcior mountain but reach is so easy than the other mountains do u like to visit that please contact that i can send u all information about this mountain and route as well i hope u would like to contact that as soon as possable

Thanks
MUHAMMED ILYAS
MAILTO:- smilly_leo@hotmail.com
himalyan_peak@yahoo.com
+92-0300-9286004

BigLee

by BigLee » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:38 am

Sheltar Peak (just under 6000m) near to Hoper would be good in 4 days.

Return to Asia