antisana?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
tmahon

antisana?

by tmahon » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:27 am

anyone have recent beta? headed there in 2 weeks

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:23 pm

I assume you are aware of the private property issues. If not you can ask Moggely (Quito guide service) how to take care of this. At the present time there is a large crevasse near the summit which can usually be skirted after some route-finding, but ocasionally the large crevasse encirles the summit and requires dropping in and climbing out the other side to negotiate it. Unfortunately you won't know if this is the case until you take a look first hand! This is courtesy of the Moggely guides- we were thinking of climbing Antisana in two days but the weather has taken a turn for the worse this week. Oh, great member photo by the way- Everest with Makalu in the background?

Suerte!

Woodie

tmahon

by tmahon » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:18 pm

thanks and thanks. we got it, on nov. 1st, went with 2 ecuadorian guide friends who were there fairly recently so it kept us from getting lost in the dark. we had bad weather prior to it, in rucu pichincha and illiniza norte, but from the 1st onward it was beautiful. nothing technical, there was a big bridge across the final crevasse.

awesome mountain, hope you got a chance at it

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:58 pm

Congrats! I was in Ecuador the same time you were- I wish we had gone after Antisana, I'm glad for you that you made it and had great weather.

Woodie

Return to South America