Maps for Mexican Volcanoes

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
Dave S

Maps for Mexican Volcanoes

by Dave S » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:56 am

Where is the best place to order Topos for the Mexican Volcanoes?

Thanks!

Dave

sloggmeister

by sloggmeister » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:24 am

I ordered a bunch of topo maps from this guy:
Chessler Books
http://www.chesslerbooks.com/
chesslerbk@aol.com

I haven't received them yet.
I have purchased books from Chessler before and his stuff has always been first rate and shipped fast. However, he seems to be having a problem with his supply of these maps. I'll see if I get them in time for my trip. No one else around here has them.
I leave for Mexico on the 1st of Dec.
You might try calling him to find out what's going on: 303 670-0093
Good luck

no avatar
Das Foultier

by Das Foultier » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:58 am

Did you ever get the maps you ordered from Chesler? He told me my map order was shipped on Dec 6 and has not arrived yet. I know media mail is slow, but I'm even in the same stae as he is.
Martin

sloggmeister

by sloggmeister » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:15 am

Das Foultier wrote:Did you ever get the maps you ordered from Chesler? He told me my map order was shipped on Dec 6 and has not arrived yet. I know media mail is slow, but I'm even in the same stae as he is.
Martin

I never got the maps either. I called him and found out he was having trouble getting the maps, so I cancelled my order. By the time they would have gotten to me, my Mexico trip would have been over anyway. I'm not sure if he ever reimbursed me the money either. I have to call him and find out. Thanks for reminding me.
I've bought from this guy before and he's always been great to deal with. He really screwed the pooch on this one though.

km_donovan

by km_donovan » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:46 am

I have a map for Orizaba that I am willing to part with. PM me if you are interested.

Dave S

Backup plan

by Dave S » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:04 am

So I finally went to the old backup plan - Mexicomaps.com

Maps in hand, ready for my trip. But thanks for the offer KM!

So here's my Chessler Books story...I emailed them about a week before I ordered the maps to ask if they kept them in stock - the reply was "yes". So I placed my order and my credit card was charged the day after Thanksgiving. So after a few weeks and still no maps I call up Chessler and he says they haven't even shipped yet, they're not really in stock, and they are still being duplicated! So much for being in stock.

I too have ordered things from Chessler in the past without any issues (although even last time paying extra for quicker shipping didn't really get it to my door as quickly as advertised), but I'm pretty disappointed in the way this was handled. He should have been upfront about how they handle maps when I sent the initial email.

Edit: forgot to add, I also sent him two emails in the weeks prior to calling with my inquiry about my order...neither email was answered.
Dave

sloggmeister

Re: Backup plan

by sloggmeister » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:41 pm

canyon8 wrote:So I finally went to the old backup plan - Mexicomaps.com

Maps in hand, ready for my trip. But thanks for the offer KM!

So here's my Chessler Books story...I emailed them about a week before I ordered the maps to ask if they kept them in stock - the reply was "yes". So I placed my order and my credit card was charged the day after Thanksgiving. So after a few weeks and still no maps I call up Chessler and he says they haven't even shipped yet, they're not really in stock, and they are still being duplicated! So much for being in stock.

I too have ordered things from Chessler in the past without any issues (although even last time paying extra for quicker shipping didn't really get it to my door as quickly as advertised), but I'm pretty disappointed in the way this was handled. He should have been upfront about how they handle maps when I sent the initial email.

Edit: forgot to add, I also sent him two emails in the weeks prior to calling with my inquiry about my order...neither email was answered.
Dave

Call him. He actually picks up the phone himself: 800 654-8502
Just make sure you have your invoice # ready cause he won't remember your order.

Rinat Shagisultanov

by Rinat Shagisultanov » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:49 pm

I got the maps via the local store in San Diego http://www.mapworld.com They have the maps in stock. Very reliable soiurce.

no avatar
Alex Hiker

by Alex Hiker » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:50 am

I have ordered 4 maps 1 year ago from OMNI Resources Inc. They have sent me 2 of them in couple of weeks and said that they did not have other 2.

no avatar
Alex Hiker

by Alex Hiker » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:54 am

I have ordered 4 maps 1 year ago from OMNI Resources Inc. They have sent me 2 of them in couple of weeks and said that they did not have other 2.

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean