Planning a Trip to Thailand, help!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
MichaelJ

by MichaelJ » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:05 am

Your question is kind of vague. Have you ever heard of Lonely Planet? I just spent three weeks in Tonsai, so if you have any specific questions I'd be glad to answer them. In general, Thailand is one of the easiest countries in the world to travel in.

tommi

by tommi » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:07 am

I spent the last November in Thailand and travelled around, its really easy to travel in Thailand, and cheap. I have been in the North-East and direction to Cambodia, also in the south, Hua-Hin and spend some tim at the beach, so if you have some detailed questions...

jdavies212

by jdavies212 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:20 pm

I have lived in Thailand for four years, as I am now working here, and have been to the locations you've mentioned.

By far, one of the BEST online resources for travel is the Thailand Travel Forum at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/ Thousands of posts there, representing the latest news on travel to most points in the country. The forum has about 40,000 registered members, so there's a great wealth of pooled wisdom and experience there.

Happy browsing!

no avatar
Piers

by Piers » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:12 pm

Where is Krabi and Ao Nang? I'm going to be going to Thailand as well and I was planning a day hike up Doi Ithanon.

MakeItHappen

I'm going as well

by MakeItHappen » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:15 pm

I'm going to Thailand as well. Lonely Planet is very helpful but their website (sorry SP gods) has a great forum for Thailand where you will get some very knowledgable responses to questions (and some not so knowledgable). Check it out.

NewDayRising

by NewDayRising » Thu May 31, 2007 2:07 am

Piers wrote:Where is Krabi and Ao Nang? I'm going to be going to Thailand as well and I was planning a day hike up Doi Ithanon.

Krabi is in the south near Phuket on the west coast. Ao Nang?

edit: Doh ! was thinking of Koh Samui which is near Koh Phi Phi on the east coast.
Last edited by NewDayRising on Thu May 31, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigLee

by BigLee » Thu May 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Ao Nang rings a bell in my head. Think I went there in 2001. It's where you go to sort something to Ao Pang Nga which is where all the rocks sticking out the sea are. You can visit Ao Pang Nga from Phuket but it's a crap experience in comparison. As for Krabi, it was a middle-aged German holiday resort if I remember rightly. Good rock climbing though. Bit more expensive than the east coast destinations.

Return to Asia