Anyone want to climb in Peru?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
Mike N

Anyone want to climb in Peru?

by Mike N » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:41 pm

I'll be in Peru the end of April into early May. Family lives in Lima. I will likely be in Arequipa for a short period of time. I don't have a huge amount of time, but if there is anyone interested in climbing during that time, it would be great. In Arequipa, I would be interested in going to Coropuna or Ampato. While in Lima, the closest would be going to Ticlio and climbing something there. I have never been to Ticlio, but know the Arequipa volcanos. Takers?

bledl

by bledl » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:16 am

I will arrive in Peru on May 7th and then travel directly to arequipa. Meet friends there, get acclimatized & prepare for climbing in bolivia. I am very interested in climbing Solimana which is close to Coropuna/Cotahuasi canyon. Just write to Schnippiman@gmx.de.
Cheers, Flo. :D

Damien Gildea

by Damien Gildea » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:52 am

In Australia the El Nino has 'officially' ended and they think a La Nina is forming. There was a La Nina in '98 and Peru/Bolivia were reallly dry and stripped of snow, particularly volcano-type peaks. In '99 things were back to normal. So if you're going, get in early !

D

makumba

by makumba » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:19 am

Hi Mike, cuenta conmigo para ir a Ticlio

jeffqr@yahoo.es

Jeff

Return to South America