Small Crag Near Shanghai

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
BobK

Small Crag Near Shanghai

by BobK » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:59 pm

There is a small crag near Sheshan, about 30 minutes outside of Shanghai. Been there twice this week putting up some new lines. It's in an old quarry, Zhen Shan, so the rock is fractured in places. Bring a helmet! There is one section, probably over 100 meters long and up to 55m tall, that is nearly verticle. There are two established lines with more coming this week. Climbing in Shanghai, finally!

sdavis

Re: Small Crag Near Shanghai

by sdavis » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:42 pm

BobK wrote:There is a small crag near Sheshan, about 30 minutes outside of Shanghai. Been there twice this week putting up some new lines. It's in an old quarry, Zhen Shan, so the rock is fractured in places. Bring a helmet! There is one section, probably over 100 meters long and up to 55m tall, that is nearly verticle. There are two established lines with more coming this week. Climbing in Shanghai, finally!

Hi, Bob. I'm very interested. I'll be in Shanghai from October 23-October 30, and I'll be bringing gear with. Guess I'll throw in my draws. Need a partner. I've never done any bolting, but happy to learn, or to belay, or whatever. I don't know yet how many free days I'll have.

Steve

BobK

by BobK » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:08 pm

All bets are now off! Drove to the Crag this morning but we were not allowed back in. I don't think we can anticipate it opening any time soon; kind of ruined my fall Shanghai survival plans. Back indoors next week and off to Yangshuo and Sichuan as often as possible. One more reason to get out of here asap. :evil:

no avatar
Gene

by Gene » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:41 pm

Hey Bob,

I live about 100 minutes from a pretty well known crag that some Germans managed to climb last week in under three hours. Maybe you should drop on by. :wink: Hi to Pearl.

Gene

BobK

by BobK » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:25 am

Gene,

When is the best time to come? Must coincide with you having at least 10 days off for geriatric adventures in The Valley.

My playground here is also quite big so you must plan a trip while you can still get around without a walker. How about Sichuan over Chinese New Year?

BK

Return to Asia