glisse ecuador in nov. bad idea?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
Dan Helmstadter

glisse ecuador in nov. bad idea?

by Dan Helmstadter » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:47 am

Was thinking of planning a glisse trip to Ecudor in late nov. anyone have any insight to wheather this might be a fool hearted idea?

bc44caesar

by bc44caesar » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:40 pm

All I know is Biggar recommends Mar-May for Ecuador ski mountaineering because of better snow conditions found then...at the end of the wet season.

no avatar
Dan Helmstadter

by Dan Helmstadter » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:24 pm

thanks man. I talked to a guide down there a while ago, he said that they used to have predictable weather patterns, but then sometime in the last ten years or so, the weather became totally unpredictable. Although I am sure Ecuador does have it's monsonal seasons etc. it's interesting to think about becasue it is on the equator, a logical deduction of this is that Ecuador does not have any real seasons, etc... I know better though, and will continue to check with the guides down there. It sure would suck if i went down there and there was nothing but pitienententes, I'm not sure I would even bother climbing them.

Return to South America