Anyone climbing Orizaba next week?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
dswink

Anyone climbing Orizaba next week?

by dswink » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:34 am

I am going to be on Sierra Negra and Pico de Orizaba next week, 2/12 to 2/16. Any other SPers gonna be there?

amcke004

Couple More Weeks

by amcke004 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:00 pm

I will be down there in a couple more weeks but I was wondering if you made reservations to stay in the hostel in Tlachichuca and if you made reservations for a ride to Piedra Grande?
Thanks
--Andy

MountainHikerCO

by MountainHikerCO » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:28 am

I contacted the Reyes' prior to staying with them in 2006 and having them transport us up to the hut.
http://www.servimont.com.mx/ingles/aboutus.html
There is a "contact us" link at this webpage.

I understand the Limon family also offers service. I don't have any contact info for them. I know they were already in the business back in 1993 when we were there.

As for the hut, there is no reservation system that I have ever heard of. You just show up and share it with however happens to be there.

Blackmouth

by Blackmouth » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:23 am

Dave,
I sent you an e-mail.....Tony

Haliku

by Haliku » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:38 pm

MountainHikerCO wrote:I understand the Limon family also offers service. I don't have any contact info for them.

All the info to contact the Limon's is on the Orizabamountain page. I've used them twice. They can help with any aspect from hiring a private driver, to renting a sturdy stove and white gas for the hut, etc. Cheers!

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean