Prokletije mountains

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
myszkot

Prokletije mountains

by myszkot » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Dear friends...I looked through the summitpost and couldnt find much about some peaks in Prokletije mountains, actually I mean such peaks like: Maja Reskulit, Maja Stogut, Maja Proznut and Maja Visens...from Dinarc-ZG I could read that it is "climbing" there, so do I need any special equipment to reach these peaks? or they are possible for trekking too...I need any advices.
and what about road conditions there? is it already a good way to Boge or?
greetings and thanks for any help
myszkot
PS and what about Maja e Korabit from Albanian side? is it http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=112065 the only map with the path to Maja e Korabit?

kamil

by kamil » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Hej :)
You probably got my email by now. As I said M.Proznut/M.Prozmit looks like a technical peak to me, dunno the other ones... they must be some peaks in the Radohines group?
Asphalted road to Boge is being built further each year but I dunno how far it reaches now...
When it comes to Korab that's the most convenient route from Albania. See my trip report, we descended another way to Panair, climbing the 2nd summit on the way.
pzdr
k

P.S. Looked at the map and my pics and identified some of the peaks you're asking about - maybe they're reachable - sent you an email with more details.

Return to Europe