Bouldering in Central MD

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Hotoven

by Hotoven » Tue May 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Dude Mike, Hit me up when you go climbing, hopefully it won't be on a busy weekend!

Mike Swiz

by Mike Swiz » Tue May 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Hotoven wrote:Dude Mike, Hit me up when you go climbing, hopefully it won't be on a busy weekend!

I'd be happy to. I'm going to try to get out to Morgan Run and try and re-establish the bouldering area since it is so close to my house. If there are any SPers in good ole Carroll County interested in helping let me know.

PEARCE

by PEARCE » Fri May 22, 2009 7:14 pm

I am relatively new to climbing, but have been climbing a lot at the Earth Treks in Timonium recently. I would love to get out side and do some climbing. I live only 15 minutes away from Morgan Run so it would be a perfect spot for me. Let me know if any of you guys are setting up a date to go climbing out there. I have all the gear that we would need to set up a top rope, but I don't have a crash pad yet for any bouldering. Don't get me wrong though, I would love to do some bouldering as well.

JHH60

by JHH60 » Fri May 22, 2009 11:13 pm

I take business trips to the Columbia area every two months or so. Is there any reasonable bouldering nearby? I gather there's a Earth Treks gym there which I've been meaning to check out.

PS as to Scuba in Maryland - there are some awfully nice shipwrecks off the Delmarva peninsula. When I lived on the east coast I dove the Marine Electric, Moonstone, Northern Pacfic, etc.

Mike Swiz

by Mike Swiz » Mon May 25, 2009 2:11 pm

JHH60 wrote:I take business trips to the Columbia area every two months or so. Is there any reasonable bouldering nearby? I gather there's a Earth Treks gym there which I've been meaning to check out.

Check Indy's web site for stuff in the Patapsco State Park areas. The would be the closest areas to Columbia that I would know of.

no avatar
TheBarbarian

New website for Harpers Ferry Climbing

by TheBarbarian » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Hey guys

I have restarted the Harpers Ferry Bouldering website in the form of Harpers Ferry Climbing. It is an ongoing project intended to end in a guide for the gorge.

http://www.harpersferryclimbing.com

tks
c

Mike Swiz

Re: New website for Harpers Ferry Climbing

by Mike Swiz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:39 pm

TheBarbarian wrote:Hey guys

I have restarted the Harpers Ferry Bouldering website in the form of Harpers Ferry Climbing. It is an ongoing project intended to end in a guide for the gorge.

http://www.harpersferryclimbing.com

tks
c

Awesome! Let me know if you need a hand with the site. I'm a web developer when I'm not in the woods. :wink:

Edit to add: Conrad? I've heard about the old Harpers Ferry online guide before and was sad to hear it was gone. But I am now happy to hear it is back!

Mike Swiz

by Mike Swiz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:51 pm

I will hopefully be going over to Morgan Run either this weekend or the following to check out the area again and start working out some problems. If anyone would like to join me shoot me a pm.

no avatar
TheBarbarian

by TheBarbarian » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:25 am

Mike Swiz
Thanks for the offer of help. Too bad it has taken me 3/4 of a year to respond.
I just updated the blog and website a little more. Made a rough downloadable version of the guide.

Previous

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)