Andes trip summer 2007

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
bledl

Andes trip summer 2007

by bledl » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:45 pm

Hallo everybody!

I plan on travelling through the central Andes in summer 2007 (may-august) together with a friend, after finishing university. We plan on climbing peaks in cordillera real and cordillera blanca. Everything possible, except pure, steep ice climbing (70% plus). We both speak Spanish and travelled to SA before (I lived in Arequipa/Peru for 9 month in 2003). Experience is f.e. trekking around cerro torre/fitz roy on the hielo continental, andean peaks like Vallunaraju, Huayna Potosi, Chachani, Coropuna (plus climbing in the alps).
We have our eyes set on mountains like Ancohuma, Pequeno Alpamayo, Illimani, Tocclaraju, Artesonraju, Huascaran,...but open for everything. If anyone has put up similar plans we perhaps could enlarge the team (should meet before to get to know each other, in the alpes?).
Not to forget: We are not only interested in sports, but also like to drink a beer with local mates, from time to time.
cheers!

Flo.

bledl

Re: Andes trip summer 2007

by bledl » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:58 pm

Okay, okay...perhaps i scared people off by mentioning the beer.
by the way we are no alcoholics, but two guys from southern germany who like the mountains, but also getting to know local culture & people. perhaps thats akind of more appropriate expression.
or is it just too far away from now (one and a half years)? i thought it would just be nice to reduce the danger on the glaciers, travelling with more than two people on the rope. and perhaps having a good time with interesting people.
still, on the steep sections i prefer climbing as two climbers, so everybody can go as fast as he wants.
hasta pronto.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:09 pm

Wow, I just finalized my plans for this summer and you are planning already for summer 2007? Hats off to you mate. That may be too far ahead for some people to consider though. Check back towards the end of summer if you don't get any hits. You'll probably have better luck then.

LIZqwertyuiop

by LIZqwertyuiop » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:23 pm

Chances are I'll still be down there in 2007. We're leaving this summer and plan to spend about a year in Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia, though order is yet to be determined. I'd definatly be interested in what you're doing though! Keep us posted.

Ario

by Ario » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:37 am

take an option !
keep me posted please ;-)

Ario

by Ario » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:44 am

Ah yo! I forgot to add:
I have interests for la Cordillera Blanca (may to july) and the Atacama (how ever it would be too clod at that time for me).
Servus,
Ario

bledl

by bledl » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:12 pm

alright.
we also think about cordillera blanca. Cb and cordillera real in bolivia are our main goals. i already have been to atacama. its an amazing place, but not too interesting for climbing, as mountains there consist of loose volcanic rock.
but i will definitely stay posted and write again at the end of this year.
salud!
flo.

Return to South America