Lee Vining Ice for '09

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
The Chief

Lee Vining Ice for '09

by The Chief » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:53 pm

Went and had a looksee this morning. Appears that last weeks rain/snow gig has in fact created some substantial run offs that are flowing. B/H and Main Wall are somewhat wet with flowing water. I think we may just have some good ice this year!!!

And found this very interesting runnel that is really flowing above and to the right. If this water continues to flow like this, this will be a nice 3P WI3/4 run..

Greg Enright

by Greg Enright » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:45 am

Looks like it will be a while before the ice forms. I had to turn on the air conditioner while driving over to Convict Lake this afternoon. I've had enough of this beautiful weather!

climb4life

by climb4life » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Thanks for the update Chief. I'm looking forward to swinging some tools there this winter.

climb4life

by climb4life » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Also, thanks for being such a helpful guy on this board. Your efforts don't go unnoticed! Keep up the great work!!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:17 pm

climb4life wrote:Also, thanks for being such a helpful guy on this board. Your efforts don't go unnoticed! Keep up the great work!!

No worries. My pleasure.

Some would think different though.

Will go have another looksee this Weds and post some updated pics.

Return to California