Lost camera- reward

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.
Woodie Hopper

Lost camera- reward

by Woodie Hopper » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:06 pm

When I couldn't find my camera I used during my climb of Sheridan, Peerless and Horseshoe yesterday (Friday, Oct. 19th), I realized where I lost it. I had it attached to the sternum strap of my pack which I set down at the Fourmile Creek trailhead for Mount Sherman near the gate closure at the west side of the parking area while I was loading my truck.

The camera is an old Canon Powershot SD500 in a small gray Lowe camera pouch. Fortunately I downloaded all the photos on the card (except from yesterday's climb). The unfortunate thing is the camera pouch has the e-mail addresses of two Italian climbers from Lecco and Monza of whom I took photos during a climb of a big rock face in Switzerland. I promised to send them photos, but didn't get around to doing it since I returned from my trip.

If you found my camera I will pick it up from you or pay for the shipping and send you a generous reward.

Thanks for reading- the weather will be great this weekend, so I hope it turns up.

If you find it please send me a PM or call me at 303-777-1945. I live in Denver.

Thanks!

Woodie

DudeThatMustHurt

by DudeThatMustHurt » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:19 pm

My wife and I were thinking of going for a drive today in the area, if we do make it up there I'll take a look. Sorry to hear about losing it in the first place though

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks for considering- great day for heading for the hills today.

Woodie

DudeThatMustHurt

by DudeThatMustHurt » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:55 pm

We got a really late start, I could not make it.. Sorry

DudeThatMustHurt

by DudeThatMustHurt » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:55 pm

We got a really late start, I could not make it.. Sorry

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:11 am

Woodie- weather coming in tomorrow but if it clears Wednesday I'd have the time to go up in the afternoon. It'd be great motivation to bag a hike. Plan on me going and if I don't I'll post up here. Hope I find it for you and no reward necessary!

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:30 am

Thanks Dude and Martha for offering to help- I really appreciated it.

However, I just found out tonight the person who found it was resourceful enough to be able to figure out who owned it by going through the pictures since I took a picture of a via ferrata register I signed in Switzerland- how great is that?!!!! I had written it off after the last big snow. Now I'm going to pick it up sometime next week in Breckenridge after hiking Silverheels- anyone want to go?

Maybe I should get lottery tickets.

:D

DudeThatMustHurt

by DudeThatMustHurt » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:13 pm

No doubt that's awesome! Sorry I was not more help but glad you got it back a few friends of mine dropped cameras at the same time on skywalker col earlier this year all we could do was cringe as they both exploded on the way to the bottom. I was pissed watching it happen and they were not even mine...

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Woodie Hopper wrote:Thanks Dude and Martha for offering to help- I really appreciated it.

However, I just found out tonight the person who found it was resourceful enough to be able to figure out who owned it by going through the pictures since I took a picture of a via ferrata register I signed in Switzerland- how great is that?!!!! I had written it off after the last big snow. Now I'm going to pick it up sometime next week in Breckenridge after hiking Silverheels- anyone want to go?

Maybe I should get lottery tickets.

:D

Grab that luck while you can!

So, really, what KIND of pictures did they find wherein the person could so easily identify you? :shock: :lol:

Haliku

by Haliku » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Woodie Hopper wrote:Now I'm going to pick it up sometime next week in Breckenridge after hiking Silverheels- anyone want to go?

Excellent luck! Weekday or weekend?

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Haliku wrote:
Woodie Hopper wrote:Now I'm going to pick it up sometime next week in Breckenridge after hiking Silverheels- anyone want to go?

Excellent luck! Weekday or weekend?

Chris,

I'm shooting for Thursday, either from Hoosier Pass or from the south.

If my wife allows, I might try something else next weekend.

Woodie

Return to Colorado