2009 Fall Foliage Photo challenge

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
nartreb

2009 Fall Foliage Photo challenge

by nartreb » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Various other regions have the gall to assert that they've got good foliage. Please sumit your best Northeastern foliage shots from this year to:
2009 Northeast Fall Foliage album.

I'm planning to whip up some code in a custom object that will show the best photos from each region's album side by side.

taxinvestor

by taxinvestor » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:23 pm

East coast representin' (thumping chest w/ 3 fingers spread in an E formation).

Shenandoah NP is a cold snap, some rain, and a week or two until it is poppin' based on my observations two days ago.

Hotoven

by Hotoven » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:02 am

Catamount wrote:Anyone looking to compare and study foliage from different parts of the country is more than welcome to stop by my yard for the purpose of collecting samples. I have maple, I have oak, I have pine, I have an apple tree, more cherry trees than I can count ...

No limits on the amount you take. Really, take it all. Please. Anytime during the next four to six weeks is fine. :wink:

Man I was just up in your area, the trees are out of control! I can't wait till they get like that down here in southern PA!

TLP

by TLP » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:44 pm

You want photos from the Northeast? Or do you want photos from NY and New England? Last time I checked NJ was in the Northeast, but most people assume we have nothing to hike here. The reason I ask is because the thread says best photos from the Northeast, and then the album says NY and New England.

Holsti97

by Holsti97 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:07 pm

I vote for WISCONSIN:

nartreb

by nartreb » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:07 am

TLP wrote:You want photos from the Northeast? Or do you want photos from NY and New England? Last time I checked NJ was in the Northeast, but most people assume we have nothing to hike here. The reason I ask is because the thread says best photos from the Northeast, and then the album says NY and New England.

What, New Jersey isn't part of New York? :lol: Sure, bring 'em in, the album's pretty empty right now. I was going for an area roughly comparable in size to a Western state, adding New Jersey won't make a difference.

welle

by welle » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:14 pm

nartreb wrote:
TLP wrote:You want photos from the Northeast? Or do you want photos from NY and New England? Last time I checked NJ was in the Northeast, but most people assume we have nothing to hike here. The reason I ask is because the thread says best photos from the Northeast, and then the album says NY and New England.

What, New Jersey isn't part of New York? :lol: Sure, bring 'em in, the album's pretty empty right now. I was going for an area roughly comparable in size to a Western state, adding New Jersey won't make a difference.

Hey, I like hiking in NJ, but I'm pretty sure only North Jersey is in NE - the rest is Mid-Coast?...

TLP

by TLP » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:59 pm

I'll get around to throwing up some photos by the end of the week. Hey, NJ is all I got for you this year. I'm on the injured reserve list, so I couldn't make it to the big game up in NY or New England. But yeah it looks disappointing in the album so far. There's been some amazing color out there. The Northeast has the best color overall I would say. But other regions all have their own unique charm. I was in Alaska one year, and so many of their trees turn to gold. It was one color but when you looked out at a sea of gold, and snow capped mountains, it was amazing.

I see some new photos have been put up. So it's looking better!

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)